Grant Central Pizza and Pasta

Serves meat, veg options available. Pizza is vegan if ask for the marinara sauce and no cheese on a whole pie (no vegan single slice). Pasta can be made vegan upon request. Variety of toppings include spicy potatoes. Casual space. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Beer, Non-veg
451 Cherokee Ave SE (across the street from historical Grant Park)
Atlanta, Georgia 30312
404-523-8900

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by djc4475
secretlittlenono
secretlittlenono

Not at all vegan friendly

2 Posted on 03 / 25 / 2009

I visited Grant Central and asked for cheese-less pizza. I was a bit disgusted when the person taking my order said that they would "just be scraping the cheese off". It's understandable, and I'm glad that she told me they would be man handling my food. Don't visit as a vegan unless you're prepared to purchase a whole pie. They don't seem to have any vegan salad dressings and there are definitely no vegan sandwiches. I ended up having a soda while watching my vegetarian friend nibble a slice that he said was pretty good.

Pros: good beers and vegetarian pizza, good location, free parking
Cons: not vegan-friendly, kind of smelly
djc4475
djc4475

Nice atmosphere & Good Food

4 Posted on 03 / 18 / 2009

visiting ATL for work training and found this place on here. i have to say the staff was very friendly, flexible and accomodating for vgan requests. we got the veggie deluxe pizza and requested no cheese. the waitress recommended that we get marinara as the regular sauce has cheese in it. she even cam back a few minutes later to check if we wanted the breaded eggplant that comes with it because there is traces of cheese in th breading! outstanding job! and the pizza tasted great on top of it all. highly recommend coming here. also, it is right next to grant park, so you can relax there or take your kids to the zoo or playground! would give '5' rating if site would let me.

Pros: vegan friendly staff, good food

Dear Owner and Manager of Grant Central Pizza and Pasta: