Long-time operating little independent health food shop. Stocks a range of nutritional supplements and vitamins, personal care products, dried organic food, packaged food, chilled food, and bulk staple. Parking lot in front of store. more-less

First Review by svelten
Chia
Chia

Support your local mom and pop store

5 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2012

Had seen this place listed on HappyCow and stopped in 2 days ago. Here's my Granny's Health Food review.

It's a tiny little independent health food store, located just a block away from Whole Foods to one side and Trader Joe's to another. Makes me wonder how it is able to survive being so close to those 2 chain stores.

But Granny's is uniquely housed in an "older" building all to itself. Stocks vitamins and supplements, natural herbal remedies, natural personal care products, some bulk food, snack foods, dried packaged food, and a refrigerator--basically a little of everything.

The building is highly visible from the street, and there is free parking right in front.

Support your local mom and pop stores!

svelten
svelten

Granny's Health Food in Pasadena

3 Posted on 12 / 26 / 2010

Reasonably good selection of quality ingredients. Be very careful to check dates. I noted out of date items when I was shopping (pointed these out to the store clerk), and I then still ended up with expired food when I unpacked my groceries at home.

Pros: Good selection, Convenient location
Cons: Prices a little high, Out of date products and food, Store is a bit small

Dear Owner and Manager of Granny's Health Food: