Grain Train Natural Foods...

Cooperatively-owned retail grocer offering a wide range of whole and organic foods, locally grown fruits and vegetables, grocery, bakery, deli and lunch food. more-less

First Review by gr8vegan
LoLaBeTh29
LoLaBeTh29

FANTASTIC

5 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2013

I was blown away by this gem in Petoskey, MI. How sad, I was unaware of it, while living in MI, albeit Grand Rapids. Sure, the store itself is well-stocked, clean and FULL of local, organic groceries, but the best part?! The tasty yummy-ness that is the hot bar and salad bar. For my money and tastebuds, I could dine here each and every day! I licked my plate clean. When people whine about being a vegan and the lack of variety of flavor, I know they haven't had their senses awakened with spicy, aromatic foods, which is the fare prepared with love at The Grain Train.
Updated from previous review on Friday August 02, 2013

Pros: Great vegan fare , helpful, friendly and courteous staff, great variety
Cons: NOT located in my hometown, wish they had a better, off-street patio
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Pretty awesome!

4 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2008

I tried most of the vegan soups which are available hot in the back deli always. The bread is usually vegan that comes with them, just ask someone and they'll point you to the loaf on the shelf it came from and you can check. Don't miss out on the Vegan low fat brownies made with applesauce and bananas. There's also a vegan chocolate cake and rice crispy treat. The highlight is the vegan eggless salad sandwich on pumpernickel bread. The tofu strips in the cold salad area area really great, too. The deli makes sandwiches, but I never managed to get there on time to try one. I believe they are open 11-2

Dear Owner and Manager of Grain Train Natural Foods Market: