Vegetarian restaurant on the first floor. Offers daily changing food for lunch. Choose all-you-can-eat vegetarian buffet which includes main, salad, dessert, and drink; or opt for a plate of any 3 dishes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Indian, Western, Buffet, Take-out

CatherineM
CatherineM

Good value

Posted on 11 / 12 / 2014

I enjoyed my meal here, it's a bit basic inside but the food was tasty and really good value. It is now open some evenings as well as lunchtimes, but only from 5-8pm.

Pros: Cheap, Good location in West End
Cons: Not much choice, A bit tired decor wise
Lara Tempeh
Lara Tempeh

govindas stones corner (not west end)

Posted on 01 / 21 / 2014

It usually costs about $60 to eat as a family at a vegan cafe, without ordering dessert. Govindas costs us about $30, including dessert. They have special prices for kids: 0-3y free, 4-6y $4, 6-8y $6, so we can afford to eat out more often. The kids get kid-sized meals that are pretty healthy. Omni husband enjoys the food, and there's a selection of interesting salads for me. Plenty of close parking and easy access (no stairs). Our family loves Govindas stones corner.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday January 21, 2014

ekendra
ekendra

Pleasant Surprise

Posted on 11 / 21 / 2013

I was on my way to the Forest Food Cafe and noticed the sign for Govindas around the corner.

I thought to pop in and check the place out.

The staff were really nice and the food was yumo. What more do you want?

The decorum was a little bit on the budget but at least the place was clean.

I plan on coming back.

Pros: yum!, friendly, clean
Cons: low budget decor?

blinki
blinki

Disappointed

Posted on 11 / 20 / 2013

My curry was incredibly bland and the veg were beyond overcooked. I was in at lunch time but there was hardly anyone there. It felt a bit like an empty canteen that had quickly had some Krishna stuff thrown up.There was nothing entirely bad about it but there's nothing that'd make me want to go back.

Dwane Johnson
Dwane Johnson

value for money

Posted on 03 / 27 / 2013

Nothing flash , but simple very Yummy food , I go here on a regular basis as its on my way home from work and i can pick up take out containers for just a few dollers .

Pros: cheap, friendly staff, clean
Cons: nothing
annette
annette

Love cuisine

Posted on 07 / 02 / 2010

This is my favourite Hare Krsna Cafe in Brisbane. The staff are always friendly and welcoming, the atmosphere relaxed and the food consistently Hare Krsna food yummy. The 'all you can eat' selection of curries, dhal, pakoras,salad,desert,drinks never fail to satisfy me. Although sometimes I cant resist getting a takaway piece of the delicious eggless honey sponge cake to savour later .....

Pros: excellent food, relaxed atmosphere
Cons: up stairs, no lift access, lunch only, noisy
vegan_simon
vegan_simon

friendly, quiet

Posted on 10 / 25 / 2009

This is from their flyer: "$9 all you can eat ($8 student/concession, $7 Tuesday special). Includes: rice, dhal, mixed vegetable dish, kofta balls (veggie nuggets) and tomato sauce, fresh garden salad, dessert, drink. Located upstairs above Perfect Potion. Open Mon to Sat 11.30am-2pm. Catering available for all occasions: 0434510129."

On the day I was there last week everything was vegan except the salad dressing and dessert I think. The chickpea & silverbeet curry was just fine.

guest101
guest101

great vego food

Posted on 09 / 02 / 2007

This one seems to be run by exactly the same people who run Govinda's in the city. Food is almost exactly the same, but that's by no means a bad thing.

It's only open for lunch, about 11.30am-2.30pm, Monday to Friday. I think the prices have now gone up a dollar since the last review, $9 and $8 for student.

I find this a cheaper and often more fulfilling meal than the forest cafe around the corner on Boundary street, but it's only open for lunch during the week.

Like the Govinda's on elizabeth street, the menu changes every day. It's great. I try to go as much as I can.

Pros: The food, The people, The price
Cons: Not open all that often

Dear Owner and Manager of Govindas: