Govinda's Vegetariano

Set lunch every day for around $2 includes rice, salad, juice, and main course. An extensive menu of other options including Italian food, pizza, Asian food. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, International, Indian, Pizza, Juice bar

First Review by Claude
Mcooks
Mcooks

Good food with a Ecuadorian/Indian flair

4 Posted on 11 / 13 / 2013

The set lunch is now $2.75 and includes lots of good food. It it's a little bland to you (this is the way Ecuadorians like it), just ask for the aji (a-hee') which will spice things up a bit. I love the curry with fresh cheese that has black mustard seeds that they import. Just ask them to make sure that the potatoes are fully cooked. Yummy!

Pros: Fast, inexpensive and good food., Very popular
Cons: Way too busy for me during lunch.
yukkoj
yukkoj
  • raw

Dirty and canned veg in salad!!!

2 Posted on 04 / 15 / 2013

This place is on Lonely planet and thus probably get traffic and maybe they have slacked.

I went with a friend here, we both got juice and a main plate. We wanted to get the set menu but they told us they were already out. So we looked at the menu and I tried to order the curry.

They told us that they only have pizza, sandwich, and salads.
So, my friend got the salad and I got the lentil veggie burger.

The lentil patty was dry and curry taste. Nothing special, rather bland. It came with a piece of iceburg lettuce and tomato... and fries.

My friends salad had one piece of HAIR in it!!!!! Super gross.
But also, it had canned peas and carrots... it was a sad sad salad. Unacceptable for a veg place to serve this kind of food.

I think it is ok for the lunch special. Steer clear of the salad and the burger!
Updated from previous review on Monday April 15, 2013

Cons: dirty, canned veggies!!!
Tee
Tee

Great Food - Great Service

4 Posted on 12 / 15 / 2011

The food is very tasty and the service is with love. The sweets are especially great, try the cheesecake, even if all you can eat is a sliver after everything else. The atmosphere is very cool and some of the art works are done by a family member of the owners of the Restaurant.

Pros: great food, ambience wonderful , efficient and helpful staff
Cons: small

pradipd
pradipd

One of the better Govinda's

4 Posted on 11 / 24 / 2010

This Govinda almost feels plush with a very pleasant decor, table service, warm colors and an extensive menu. I went during lunch time, and instead of the popular set meal for $2, I had the soup (excellent), Govina burger (very good) and a glass of fresh fruit juice. All for less than $5. This Govinda was far better than the ones in Quito and Dublin I visited recently.

Pros: Pleasant, Choice, valus
Claude
Claude

Unbeatable value

4 Posted on 04 / 22 / 2010

This restaurant is packed at lunchtimes. The have a buffet which includes soup, fresh juice and a main meal (usually rice and vegetables). It's hearty, tasty and, at $2 per person, simply unbeatable. My wife and I, with our young son, go there for lunch every day.

Pros: Healthy, Tasty, great value
Cons: No vegan deserts, Can get too busy

Dear Owner and Manager of Govinda's Vegetariano: