Relaxed Indian-style atmosphere. Upstairs guests can sit on a pillow at a low table i.s.o. on a chair. Operated by Hare Krishna followers and re-opened in late 2009. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Indian, International, Hare Krishna
Fridhemsgatan 22 (T-bana: Fridhemsplan)
Stockholm, Sweden
08-6549004

Open Mon-Fri 11.00-19.00, Sat 12.00-19.00.

First Review by Jirko
Elceha
Elceha

Good vegan lunch restaurant

4 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2014

I've been to Govindas about five times this year and was very happy when they changed to an all vegan menu in the summer. The place can be quite full during lunch hour but still has a relaxed atmosphere.

The food is fairly simple but good value. Apart from the small/big indian plate they also offer lasagna, soup, and sandwhiches. The selection is not so big, but I could easiliy come here for lunch at least once per week if I would live or work nearby.

Pros: All vegan, Good value, Relaxed atmosphere
Cons: Not so many different dishes
runsten
runsten

vegan restaurant - new owner

4 Posted on 08 / 22 / 2014

I haven't been to Govinda for over 10 years because they rarely had vegan options and new Hare Krishna members were not always good at preparing food.

However, I was pleasantly suprised when I passed by a couple of weeks ago and discovered that it is a new owner who introduced all vegan food! Therefore it would not be fair to read the reviews from last year since the restaurant has improved with the new management and concept.

Also keep in mind that this a lunch restaurant and for that it is probably one of the best vegetarian restaurants in town!

Try it and give it a chance again. I am so tired of Hermitage and Hermans so it would be sad if this new Govinda would disappear.

Pros: Vegan and tasty food, service - friendly staff
Cons: location - I am not often at Fridhemspln
Jonatand
Jonatand

cozy place with great food

3 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2014

Cozy atmosphere and cheap! I do not know what's up with the other reviews, have been there many times over the last two years and there has always been vegan dishes. (At least that's what we been told) :) Great food as well, only con is that the staff is not the friendliest.

Updated from previous review on Tuesday December 17, 2013
Have to lower the grade one step now, been there six times since the last review and the food has been on a steady decline. Tasteless, to much salt.. hope things turn around!
They have begun with Vegan Pizzas since a couple months, only problem is they´re "out of vegan cheese" and don´t offer them even though they are heavily advertised. For two months straight. :/

leia
leia

disappointed

2 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2013

Took the family there for a vegetarian curry meal. We were extremely disappointed in the food. The choice was big or small plate. The main meal was a stew (I wouldn't even call it a curry) of potatoes, carrots, peas, cauliflower and broccoli with rice. All my children told me that I make a better curry at home! The food was cheap: big plate was 90 SEK small plate 70 SEK. I should have known better from a restaurant steps away from the train station. The only reason I could ever imagine eating here is if I was very hungry and getting off at Fridhemsplan station looking for food.

Pros: cheap, ice tea included
Cons: tasteless , little choice, one toilet only
LucidDreams
LucidDreams

Nothing vegan!

2 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2012

Someone was handing out advertisments in the subway for govindas on which it said that they had vegan options. When we got there they said in an unpleasant way that they had nothing without milk or ghee.

Cons: Nothing vegan, Unfriendly staff
olia_m
olia_m

A decent place to eat for a lacto-vegetarian

3 Posted on 05 / 03 / 2012

You get there just what you can expect at a place operated by Hare Krishna followers. The food is tasty and quite cheap. Not so much to choose from, though, when the variety of meals is concerned.
You can choose between a big and a small meal. The small variant was anyway too big for me.
Some Indian desserts are available.
You can take as much lassi and bread as you want.

Pros: unexpensive, tasty food
Cons: little variety
vingummi
vingummi

Not vegan-friendly

2 Posted on 02 / 20 / 2010

I went here for lunch once but had to leave because there is nothing vegan - they use ghee to cook all of their food.

Jirko
Jirko

cheap decent food

3 Posted on 12 / 07 / 2009

buffet style restaurant with the usual Hare Krishna food. decent cheap food. good value for money.

Pros: cheap

Dear Owner and Manager of Govindas: