Govinda's Nottingham

Vaisnava vegetarian restaurant opened in Apr 2013. Uses dairy but not egg, onion, garlic, or mushroom. Offers an all-you-can-eat buffet, menu with daily specials, bakery goods and cakes. Hot and cold drinks include decaf and dairy-free, barley cup, herbal teas. Seats 65. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, International, Indian, Bakery, Buffet, Take-out, Delivery, Catering
7-9 Thurland St (Clumber Street)
Nottingham, England NG1 3DR

AshJacSim
AshJacSim

Good

Posted on 02 / 01 / 2015

decided to update my review since the refurbishment of the restaurant!

The quality and taste of the food is amazing as usual, however my 3/5 comes mainly from the menu change. Previously Govinda's was pretty much the only place where I could go to eat and feel full afterwards, however since the removal of all you can eat buffet option I feel it is another place where I leave not feeling wholly satisfied. It is possible to get extra bowls for £1 each, but this would work out being considerably more pricey than the previous £7.95 "Govinda's Special".

In whole; the food is excellent, but the portion sizes leave much to be desired for me personally.

*EDIT* Something I forgot to mention was that I would also be more than happy to pay an increased price for that buffet option, were it even reintroduced, even up to £15 - simply because the quality and taste of the food is fantastic!

Pros: Very tasty, lovely staff, clear distinction betwee
Cons: No more all you can eat
Marianne1967
Marianne1967

Good place to visit

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2014

We went for lunch here during our holiday in the UK and loved it. Friendly staff and a lot of options for vegans too. We loved our burger and fries.

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff
Cons: bit outdated interior
kkd999
kkd999

Tasty, nutrious food; relaxed, friendly atmosphere

Posted on 06 / 24 / 2014

I liked Govinda's. The mango lassi was terrific. The dal (Indian bean soup) was very tasty. Nice homemade bread. The lasagna and pasta dishes were wonderful. The panir (curd) tomato and pea dish was also a winner. Friendly staff. Peaceful music. I think everyone should check out Govinda's.

Pros: Great food., Good value., Friendly staff and good music.

KitKat1350
KitKat1350

great place for a date

Posted on 05 / 16 / 2014

We turned up on a Friday night without a booking and the staff found a table for us with no problem!

The seasonal menu was varied and delicious and all the wines are vegan-friendly.

I need to find another excuse to take my date here again!

christinaloveshummus
christinaloveshummus

Mmmm

Posted on 08 / 07 / 2013

Really good veggie burgers served with salad or chips at a really good price. The buffet looks yummy too!

Dear Owner and Manager of Govinda's Nottingham: