This is the best restaurant in Morelia for non-meat eaters. There aren't that many places available in this city but this is tops. Great-tasting food, fast and dependable service. I ate hear twice while I was visiting this quaint city and will return again.Pros: Great flavor in the food, Dependable, Fast Service
Govinda's is downtown Morelia but a few blocks from the main plaza. It is upstairs. For all that it is worth the walk and the climb. It is a treasure. Do not expect it to be Indian ie Hindu cuisine. But it is close enough for me to savor a taste of Asia. They also have hamburgers, vegetarian ones, and Mexican specialties without meat. Speaking just about the Lunch Special # 1, the closest in the menu to an Asian meal, you get: a soup, lentil, barley or vegetable; a mild curry; a mound of rice; a yogurt; a samosa (like an empanada) with a vegetable stuffing; a pakora (a vegetable fritter); a gelatin dessert made from a non animal source; a slice of whole grain bread; and a fruit drink. I have asked three times and was told that everything is made strictly (Indian) vegetarian in their kitchen. I love the quick service, the filling meal, the modest price.Pros: fresh wholesome cooking, pleasant quick service
- Link to this page from your site. Entry info.
- Return to Morelia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
- Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
- Why was my review removed? - details
- Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
- Has Govinda's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
- This page has been viewed 237 times since Jan 2013.