Govinda's

Little Hare Krishna restaurant. Each day will have one vegan suitable dish. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Western, Take-out

First Review by Trumoi
trinitybourne
trinitybourne

Really impressed good vegan options

5 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2014

I really appreciated this humble little restaurant on Friday night in Malmo. We were visiting and wanted some good, vegan, tasty food made with love. That's exactly what we got!

The staff were super helpful when I said I was vegan (it's a vegetarian place - not just vegan) and gluten free. We enjoyed a tasty Indian Krishna type meal which included a flavoursome, gently spiced curry, with celeriac pakora, rice (with green herbs and pumpkin seeds), a delicious bowl of soup and a simple 'eat all you want' side salad. My husband enjoyed so of the home made bread (which he said was sooooo good).

They were so friendly and helpful. I could feel that the food was made with love. The space has a really welcoming vibe and is very accommodating to vegans.

It cost us 80kr each to eat here, which is inexpensive for what you get.

I will certainly looking forward to visiting Govindas on my next visit to Malmo.

Pros: Tasty, Excellent vegan option, Lovely welcoming energy
Cons: Not open weekends (at time of posting)
piffelina
piffelina

Govinda's Malmö

4 Posted on 10 / 17 / 2013

Updated review from my first very disappointed review back in 2009. At the time being, I was supersad about my favorite restaurant, Miso closed down their location, and getting a new daytime restaurant was a poor comfort.

I've eaten there several times since, and while it might not live up to my old memories of Miso, I still really like it there. I wish they were completely vegan though.

Cons: Not all vegan
guillaume
guillaume

Good tasty vegetarian and vegan restaurants

4 Posted on 07 / 28 / 2013

Good govindas restaurant, open for lunch only. I really enjoy the different flavours and spices when eating there.

Ask for the vegan options and they will sort you out if menu is vegetarian.

Cheap and tasty

Pros: Tasty, Cheap, Relax atmosphere
Cons: Opening hours
cstahmer
cstahmer

Vegetarians will be Impressed

4 Posted on 09 / 05 / 2011

If your vegetarian but not vegan, Govinda's is a great, funky, little stop. The atmosphere is very cool--various depictions of Krishna adorn the walls and the local clientele pulls form a wide range of Malmo sub communities. During our meal we were surrounded by a Goth crew on our left, some academics on our right, and a business man and a couple of yogis front and back. This isn't a fancy sit-down and get waited on restaurant. You wait in line cafeteria style and take what is being served, in our case some delicious curry, rice, something resembling falafel, and some sauce. And there is also a small salad bar. Everything was also Gluten free, which is a plus. While there wasn't a lot of choice, everything tasted delicious and the serving staff was very helpful identifying ingredients, etc. If you go during the lunch rush, which we did, you might have difficulty finding a seat; but by the time we had finished, it had thinned out and seating was easy to find. If you like a funky but clean and friendly vibe you'll love Govinda's.

Pros: Taste, Portion Size, Vibe
Cons: Selection
Trumoi
Trumoi

MISO changes owner!

3 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2007

Unfortunately for vegans lovers MISO have change owner. But the news are not this bad because the new owner is GOVINDAS, and is already serving vegetarian food. Vegan food is available also. Lunch for 50 Kr approximately.

Please at Happy Cow staff correct this!

Find some information here, unfortunately only in Swedish:

Dear Owner and Manager of Govinda's: