Everyday a vegan alternative. Otherwise purely vegetarian: no meat, fish and eggs. Price: Moderate more-less
Hare Krishna
Bredgatan 28
Lund, Sweden
+46(0)46-120413

Open Mon-Sat 11:30-15:30. During July closed on Saturdays.

First Review by fimct
Laxsill
Laxsill

Mind getting a seat

4 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2014

It's probably the best vegetarian lunch place in Lund. And that's why you should make sure you get a seat. It's often crowded. Visit it, but have a backup plan!

Winterdragon
Winterdragon
  • herbivore

Possibly the best place for a lunch in Lund

4 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2012

A very popular place around lunchtime, and for a good reason! They serve great-tasting food in large portions for reasonable prices, and always have a vegan option. The staff is always friendly and happy. I just wish they were open on weekends and evenings as well!

Pros: Large portions, Tasty food, Nice atmosphere
Cons: Limited menu, Limited opening-hours
suelizj
suelizj

The best (only?!) vegetarian place in Lund

4 Posted on 10 / 24 / 2010

Govinda's is a great place, can get a bit crowded but it has a great atmosphere, (so go a bit after 13.00)and the food is really good and has good-sized portions, great taste, not expensive, and the menu rotates each week so that you can can get different food depending on the day of the week you visit. The staff are very friendly and welcoming as well. Definitely recommend you go there!

Pros: Friendly staff, Great food, Very atmospheric
Cons: Can get a bit crowded

VSE
VSE

My fav veggie place!

5 Posted on 10 / 31 / 2009

I visit this restaurant almost every week. They are only open lunch and it's always very crowded. The place is small and cosy and the staff are really friendly. At Govindas you are served a big portion of warm homemade food + cornbread + a soup and a salad for about 65-70 SEK (if you're a student you get a discount).

If you want vegan food, just tell the staff and they'll make you a vegan plate (I use to get extra much food!). The bread is vegan but not the butter.

Pros: friendly staff, big portions, amazing food, cosy atmosphere
fimct
fimct

Delicious food

4 Posted on 03 / 19 / 2009

We went to Govinda's about 3 or 4 years ago now and I can't remember the exact details of the place; however, I remember the food was delicious and really good value. It was a self-service place but don't let that put you off.

The thing I remember most though, is the little chocolate cakes we had for dessert. They were square and covered in a thin layer of chocolate (a bit like a French Fancy) but they also had a mouthful of some sort of fruit jam or jelly on the top, itself covered in chocolate. They really tasted exquisite, not really like anything I've had before. I asked the guy behind the counter for the recipe and although he was busy he lent me the recipe book he thought they were from, to read while we were there.

They weren't actually in the book but I can definitely recommend it anyway - it was a great discovery in itself. It was called "The Book of Eggfree Cakes" by Cintia Stammers, ISNB 91-7148-387-5. It's not completely vegan but all the vegan recipes are marked as such and most of the others can be made vegan anyway. I recommend getting a copy if you're vegan and like making cakes!

Pros: Great food, Vegan cakes, Good value

Dear Owner and Manager of Govinda's: