Hare Krishna affiliated restaurant, previously known as Govinda's. The daily hot food offering include a vegan dish, a vegetarian dish, an Indian dish, a Mediterranean dish, soup, rice/potatoes/couscous, and 2 kinds of more exotic food. There is an additional salad bar and desserts bar. Closed through mid-August. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Salad bar, Take-out
Zibertova Ulica 27
Ljubljana, Slovenia 1000
+306-59058381

Open Mon-Fri 11am-7pm, Sat 11am-6pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by walden
portuguese_vegan_guy
portuguese_vegan_guy

expected better

2 Posted on 02 / 22 / 2014

the food was not good... the soup was bad, the salad was...bad, and the main dish options were..........bad. the cake was nice though, and the staff was friendly.

Pros: nice staff, studentski boni, cake
Cons: everything else
Veganmaniac
Veganmaniac

Sumptuous food

5 Posted on 01 / 04 / 2014

Govinda's offers you several options regarding the variety of food and the quantity you would like to eat. The food is lacto-vegetarian, but they have several vegan options. Good thing is if you choose the largest plate which is priced 9.5 Euros, you can fill it up with lots of food. The food is delicious. Also, there is a temple a couple blocks from the restaurant and a store where they sell Indian food, spices, etc.

Pros: Sumptuous food, Friendly staff, Customizable options
Cons: A little far from city center
Guest
Guest

good food

5 Posted on 06 / 26 / 2013

Very good restaurant in Ljubljana which is a vegan friendly town. A little bit far from center, but decent and cheap food, with a buffet to choose from. It is not all vegan, but it is very nice that they write on meals which one are for vegans and which are not. It's a like a student cafeteria, but for a 9 E meal you can eat abundantly.

Pros: vegan options, affordable
Cons: far from center

krisa
krisa

Great food, nice people, pleasent ambient

5 Posted on 04 / 05 / 2013

The local hare-krishna self-catering restaurant offers a variety of dishes, daily soup, salad and about 4 different desserts. It is all nicely marked if it's vegan, gluten-free.. The food is great, people are really friendly and I like the nice ambient, hare-krishna music playing in the background.. It's just a 10min walk away from the centre of the city, so the location is also great.

Pros: Everything!
Cons: Prices, maybe
jollypig
jollypig

Good buffet

5 Posted on 10 / 21 / 2011

This is a decent vegetarian buffet restaurant. There is a good salad bar and a changing daily menu. The Indian dish I had was good and I liked that it was buffet style. Not as cheap as I thought (11.5 Euro for the buffet and a drink), but still good value and worth the 10-15 minute walk from the centre of Ljubljana.

Pros: Good food, Salad bar
Cons: A bit expensive
Nia
Nia

Very nice!

4 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2011

As a student I am quite lucky I can use my student's coupons there, otherwise it's not so cheap for amount you can take. I like self-service but if you are vegan, you have to have in mind there is not always much choice for you. I've eaten there many times and sometimes I've been really happy, almost everything was vegan, other time it was more the opposite. Still, you will love the food! Good tastes:) Salads and desserts are good too. I always eat too much there, that's the only problem. I would share it with some friend but the stuff can complicate about it. I miss some raw options (beside salad). In general, I recommend this place, especially for vegetarians but also for vegans. Enjoy;)

Pros: excellent food, nice atmosphere, student coupons
Cons: a bit pricey, could be more vegan
Puma_concolor
Puma_concolor

One of my favorites in Ljubljana

5 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2011

I really like this restaurant, because they have coupons for students (which I am) and you really get a lot of good food for it. They always have different salads, main dishes and desserts. The good thing is you can try several at once, because it is self service.
It is a little further from the center of the city, but still manageable. And you have to be really hungry because the danger of taking too much because you want to try everything is big.
The atmosphere is calm and the staff is friendly. I like going there.

Pros: good value, excellent food, calm atmosphere
Akira
Akira

Tasteful

5 Posted on 09 / 18 / 2010

I love to eat there, because you get your food quickly, you take what you want, it's fresh and very very tasty!
I live in India and the food is quite different here - in a good way. It's way better.
And staff is always very friendly!

Pros: Very good, Near centre, Cheap
Cons: A bit hard to find the first time, Sometimes tastes of food are too similar, Not as classy as you would sometimes wnt
kaitimar
kaitimar

Krishna's takeaway

5 Posted on 02 / 06 / 2009

This place is hidden in a side street 15 minute walk from the city center, but well worth the stroll. The food is self-service, half lacto vege, half vegan, with price determined by the dish you choose. There is always also a more european option available, such as mini pizza or stew, always good but not always vegan.
Important thing for me is that Krishnas don't use onion or garlic. So my only problem with this place is that I always stuff myself, as I want to try everything, and everything is so good...

Pros: Good, fast food (not fastfood), Friendly staff, nice atmosphere, Good prices
Cons: Cash only, Toilet downstairs
walden
walden

nice

4 Posted on 11 / 04 / 2008

Friendly people, self-service. Good food, nice interior, prices from 5 to 9 Euro for small to big plates. Open weekdays from 11 to 19. Saturdays 11 to 15.
1 km northwest from the city center.

Dear Owner and Manager of Radha Govinda: