Hari Krishna cafe midway along the main shopping road in Burleigh Heads (off the highway). Hot food, salads, desserts, drinks. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Salad bar

First Review by vegan_simon
Vrymoet
Vrymoet

Great!

5 Posted on 02 / 09 / 2014

I eat here quite often for lunch, it's fast, inexpensive and inviting! There is a big range of food including curries, salads, drinks and deserts. I've never had a bad meal here and highly recommend eating here!

JewelMaule
JewelMaule

Hari-vindas

5 Posted on 01 / 28 / 2014

The food here is amazing and so filling. So well priced I never don't get the largest size. I love coming here after the gym to refuel.
This is obviously a Hari Krishna orientated restaurant judging from the books on the tables and the prayers on the walls. So don't expect any onion, garlic or mushrooms in your food!
Defiantly worth checking out if your low on cash and want a massive feed.

Pros: Cheap, Great variety, Fast service
Cons: Religious orientated restaurant , Not all the menu is vegan
ScottCollingwood
ScottCollingwood

Wow

5 Posted on 12 / 16 / 2013

A bit small but delivers every time with economical nutritious meals & incredible sweet treats. These should be everywhere.

Pros: Fresh ingredients, Freshly cooked, Freaking scrumptious
Cons: Sometimes no parking, queues

Petesternz
Petesternz

Good quality Krishna food

4 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2013

Having been to many Krishna joints, I know what to expect. Good, solid, affordable food that doesn't rock my world. The Dal was tasty and the koftas good too. The broccoli tofu salad was less exciting, but the curry was good. On the whole, a good experience in a packed location, so they're doing plenty right.

Narelle72
Narelle72

Awesome!

5 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2012

I have been to Govindas a number of times over the past few months. As a hospitality worker who invariably experiences lack of veg food in the workplace, I really enjoy filling up on potato bake, veg curry and washing it down with a delightful mango lassi! Love it!

Pros: Excellent food, Good Value, Take aways available
Happyyoga
Happyyoga

Good food...shame it was cold

2 Posted on 10 / 09 / 2012

I was excited to go here after reading all the good reviews. The place itself is very cool and has a good selection on the menu and is always busy. We chose our food when we got to the till we were told cash only NO SIGN anywhere stating this so my boyfriend tells me to go ahead start eating while he runs to the bank machine. I see this happen to at least 5 other people while we are eating here. A pain but no big deal. So I start to eat my food while waiting for my boyfriend to arrive back. First thing that I notice it is cold not a little bit but very cold(ordered veg curry etc) it tastes nice but is ruined by it being so cold. The girl serving leaves my boyfriends plate sitting on the counter while he goes to the ATM instead of putting it somewhere to keep it hot. All in all good food but was ruined by those two small things. Shame

Pros: Selection , Good value , Cosy
Cons: Cold food, No sign to advise cash only, Service
RobynPoppins
RobynPoppins

Best Koftas yet!

4 Posted on 10 / 02 / 2012

This Govindas has lovely fresh salads and amazing koftas! There are also vegan and gluten free options which help. The sago desserts are really amazing too. Well priced but very popular so you could be cueing up for a while. They try to have different hot food everyday so the vegetarians have a lot of options. They love their diary so I think the vegan options are a lot healthier if thats what you want.

Pros: very tasty, well priced, great location
Cons: might not get a seat, long cues
ekendra
ekendra

Very good veg place in Burleigh

5 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2012

If you come here during the lunch rush, there's a reason the line can snake out the door and onto the footpath. In a few short years, this place has become a cherished Burliegh icon.

Everything on the menu is delicious and well priced. Despite how busy the place is, the staff always manage a smile and are attentive to detail.

There is a sign on the counter that explains how they grow as much of the produce as they can on the certified organic Krishna Farm an hour away near Murwillumbah in Northern New South Wales.

My favorite savory item is the cheesy baked potato slice casserole thingy. I like the sweets the best here which is saying something as I'm not really a sweet tooth. The Tiramisu is fantastic.

My only criticism is that there weren't enough seats and the place gets crowded so quickly. It would be great if they could expand the premises somehow.

Pros: yum, affordable , friendly
Cons: need bigger space
Neerga
Neerga

Very good

4 Posted on 11 / 30 / 2011

The food here is consistent and always nice. The koftas with chutney are the best I have had. The veg curry is always good and the kofta salad is nice as it has mini koftas in it. The food can sometimes be a bit heavy but it is delicious. Perfect for all diets, all of the non-vegs I have taken here have loved it and returned on their own terms

Pros: Great food, Cheap, Convenient
RockabillyVego
RockabillyVego

Govindas

5 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2010

So good I visited my sister who lives on the god coast and we went there after yoga it's Soo yummy especially the salads which we took and ate on the beach :)

Pros: Beautiful food
annette
annette

Hare Krsna!

5 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2010

This is a fantastic dining venue....I thought it was one of the best and healthiest Hare Restaurants I have been too. Casual, yet chic, stylist indoor dining area. The salad selection was extensive & delicious as was the hot selection of food. Curries,lasagne,eggless quiche,spinach pie, fancy rice,deserts etc.... This is a restaurant that needs to be franchised and found in every town and village worldwide! Hare Hare Hare!

Pros: excellent food, relaxed, chic atmosphere, good value
Cons: needs to be more of these restaurants
thelink
thelink

Yummy Govindas food / nice atmosphere

4 Posted on 06 / 28 / 2010

We've been to Govindas @ Burleigh Heads a couple of times while on holidays on the Gold Coast recently and really enjoyed going there.

The selection of food is a bit smaller than at some other Govindas but contains a few tasty hot vegan dishes (including my favourites - Kofta balls) as well as a couple of vegan salads.

There are 3 extremely delicious flavours of vegan sago available for dessert (the yummy looking cakes and Tiramisu, etc are unfortunately not vegan).

The atmosphere in this small cafe is very relaxing. The cafe is located in a quiet shopping street so the three small outdoors tables are also very popular.

Dear Owner and Manager of Govindas: