Vegetarian fusion dining club. Serves vegan, vegetarian and raw food incorporating ayurvedic and macrobiotic cooking. Prepared with mostly local and organic. Has wi-fi. Previously located at Virginia St. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, International, Take-out, Delivery
100 S Miami Ave Unit 3 (downtown)
Miami, Florida 33130

DiegoBarrionuevo
DiegoBarrionuevo

Perfeito: portuguese speaking

Posted on 05 / 07 / 2014

Lugar pequeno, mas acolhedor. Menu bem variado, e preços bem acessíveis. Ótimo atendimento. Pedi uma salada, e estava muito deliciosa, e bem servida. Localizado bem no centro de Miami, 40 min de ônibus do aeroporto. Vale a pena.

vegan Tim
vegan Tim

Nothing special

Posted on 04 / 18 / 2014

I was excited about all the positive reviews of the restaurant but was very disappointed with the menu. I had a teriyaki wrap which was okay but nothing I couldn't do easily in my own home in about 5 minutes.

Tine Putzeys
Tine Putzeys

Another great option in Downtown Miami

Posted on 03 / 24 / 2014

We ate here right before returning home. The place is easy to reach with the Metromover.

We had a tuna melt sandwich and a big chicken burger. They were both quite tasty and filling. I wish we had another chance to eat there, because the menu looked promising.

The personel did not speak English very well and had some trouble understanding us, but we did get what we ordered, so no real problem there.

Nothing really unique, but good food in a nice setting. What more do you need?

Pros: Good food, Easy to reach
Cons: Staff didn't speak English very well

Mermaidfish
Mermaidfish

Excellent Find Downtown

Posted on 02 / 27 / 2014

I travel a lot for work which makes it really tough as I'm trying to transition to a mostly vegan diet. I was recently in Miami and staying downtown and was fortunate to find Govinda's Garden. I ended up having lunch there three days in a row - Veggie burger with mushrooms (Excellent and filling), lentil soup (really good and fresh), vegan tune salad sandwich (again excellent), and the show-stopper, the quinoa salad (huge, satisfying, and so healthy). They have a good selection of juices too. Sandwiches run between 7 and 9 bucks and entrees between 8 and 10. I think thats a fair price for great quality. I wasn't a fan of the grilled tofu w/ teriyaki - it was a bit too salty for me but I hardly use salt at all

The staff was very welcoming and friendly but they also deliver which is great since I was in an all day conferences with lunch on our own so I could do that or take a 10 minute walk. I only wish they were open later so I could do dinner too! I'll definately be back next time I'm in the area.

Pros: Variety (Vegan and Veggie), Freshness, Portion size
Cons: Service a bit slow at peak times, Not open after 5 PM
Vegan Vagabond
Vegan Vagabond

Best place in downtown Miami

Posted on 01 / 12 / 2014

OK, pretty much the only place in downtown Miami. However, this place is very good. They have a very large menu, with many options for any taste. Most Govinda's I have eaten at are generally variations of Indian food, which is great, as Indian is my favorite food, but this Govinda's is more eclectic with their menu. Latin, Chinese, Indian, sandwiches, salads, etc. It is a very small restaurant, but clean and bright. This is a perfect lunch place, if you find yourself in the downtown area and are looking for a good vegan lunch.

Pros: 100% vegan, Large menu
ohemgee
ohemgee

Love!

Posted on 09 / 25 / 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to try this place based on their menu - boy am I glad we did! We felt right at home here. Little small cafe, but felt so cozy. Owners were so friendly. I wish I could visit again!

Pros: friendly staff, delicious, feel at home
POLESTARS Susana
POLESTARS Susana

INCREDIBLE!!! MAKES ME WANT TO RELOCATE

Posted on 04 / 08 / 2011

I was hesitant since this place had no ratings.
However Im so glad I went, this place is a hidden treasure!
Kitchen is huge, open for all to see, and clean!
Food is made fresh and has an exposion of flavor...refreshing since Im so tired of the other south fl veg spots that are loaded with soy and nuts yet lacking flavor.
*** I highly recommend the pakoras, tali special, and bhima burger...awesome!
this place has great energy, sweet service, peaceful atmosphere, and amazing food...5 stars from 2 vegans, 1 vegetarian, and 1 meat eater...we loved it!
GREAT JOB GOVINDAS MIAMI!!!

Pros: flavorful food, clean kitchen, friendly service

Dear Owner and Manager of Govinda's Garden: