Govinda's - Aungier Street

Small Hare Krishna veggie cafe with a small menu, usually 1 vegan option each day. Near Great Georges Street and Stephens Street. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Indian, Catering, Delivery

vitorbaptista
vitorbaptista

Delicious and very cheap

Posted on 03 / 13 / 2015

The food was great, varied, and cheap. I shared a Govinda's Special with my wife and it was plenty for us both. Probably enough for 3 people to be OK (not full). It was delicious and about 10 euros, which is surprisingly cheap.

Pros: Really cheap , Delicious food
MarkD.HCV
MarkD.HCV

Stuffed and satisfied for great price.

Posted on 10 / 12 / 2014

The vegan samosas are the best I've ever tasted, and way cheaper and bigger too. The dahl is always amazing. The doorstop of bread and mung bean soup is gorgeous. Both the small and Large plate get stacked high with as much or as little variety as you want - and you're getting almost twice the food you'd get for the same price in other vegan restaurants and I always clean my plate. Lovely staff - only thing I'd change: swap the plates for big shallow bowls to reduce spillage and make mixing it all up easier. No frills but I'm there for the food so it doesn't bother me.

mahora
mahora

Big portions, decent price but average food

Posted on 10 / 07 / 2014

The feeling I got here was that they were trying hard, but not quite hitting the mark. The food was reasonably priced in an expensive city and the portions were very generous. You're definitely not going to leave hungry! The food itself was quite bland and tasteless alas. The paneer in tomato sauce was very bland, I couldn't finish it. Good salads and a fantastic selection of tea.

Pros: Very generous portions, Well priced in an expensive city, Good selection of teas
Cons: Bland food

HappyFoodatYogaHub
HappyFoodatYogaHub

Love this place. Love the small plate

Posted on 08 / 14 / 2014

You always know exactly what to expect and the price is very reasonable.

Tiggy
Tiggy

Simple, reasonably priced food

Posted on 07 / 31 / 2014

My partner and I came here twice while we were in Dublin. The first time we'd just arrived in the city late and this was still open and a few minutes' walk away. We chose what was available and vegan, which was most of the buffet. This was a pretty average selection of curries and rice. There appeared to be no vegan desserts. However, prices were midest and serving sizes decent. Our second visit was a bit better. We had a quick, light lunch of tomato and vegetable soup and this was quite nice, accompanied by bread and vegan spread. This is a place for quick, simple, no-frills food, so keep your expectations in check.

Pros: Quick, reasonably prices food
Cons: Food not always that good
JonJon
JonJon

Great and hearty food at small price!

Posted on 10 / 28 / 2013

I ate there for lunch just before my flight back to France and I really appreciated the place and the meal (the place location is convenient and I was rapidly served). The staff is very friendly, prices are low and they do not hesitate to serve you a big portion of food. Vegan options are limited but the food is really tasty. The place is calm and pleasant.

Pros: good value for money, friendly staff, pleasant place
Cons: only one or two vegan options
Rochelle Fogg
Rochelle Fogg

Satisfying meal at reasonable price

Posted on 10 / 27 / 2013

I wish they didn't depend so much on cheese and dairy to make food tasty. There was a vegan plate that was good. The cheesy baked noodle casserole tasted good, but we can get this kind of food anywhere. None of the deserts were vegan when we came. Generous portions.

Pros: generous portion size, location in center of the city, reasonable price
Cons: dependent on dairy
anne2013
anne2013

Lovely food

Posted on 10 / 07 / 2013

Lovely food, lovely staff :-)

imogenmichel
imogenmichel

Decent value food

Posted on 06 / 01 / 2013

I came here on a weekday and had a pretty reasonable lunch. The vegan curries were quite good and reasonable value with large portion sizes, the staff seemed nice and it was a nice, bright venue.

Pros: Selection of vegan curries, Good value, Friendly staff
Cons: A little on the bland side
Meadhbh
Meadhbh

Vegan Friendly!

Posted on 04 / 19 / 2013

Govindas on Aungier Street has become so much more vegan friendly in the last while! Every day there are at least 2 (amazing) vegan dishes which can be served with rice and dahl which is also vegan and always there. They also serve vegan muffins :)
The food is always lovely, fresh and hot and you can be guaranteed to be served by a friendly face. They have soy milk if you ask for it for tea/coffee. Definitely worth a try! It's quick, cheap and healthy. Not to be missed out on!

Pros: Fresh, Delicious, Cheap
Alice5454
Alice5454

cheap and tasty

Posted on 08 / 16 / 2012

Govinda's is great for a quick stop in, cheap food, huge portions and friendly service. the food always tasty, although not always outstanding.

Pros: healthy food, cheap
veggiegoth
veggiegoth

delicious!

Posted on 09 / 06 / 2010

i went to govinda's twice at same location. the first time i got a big plate of food which was so much and i ate it all and could barely walk out but it was so good. the second time i just had the butternut squash soup which was yummy. the woman who owns govinda's is a lovely and precious woman and so sweet.

pradipd
pradipd

Disappointing

Posted on 08 / 31 / 2010

There were two things I did not like about this place. First is that they pile up five different items one on top of the other on a single plate. It creates a mishmash, that is neither fun nor pleasant to eat. The second is that the food itself was on the bland side, with not much flavor.

Pros: Location
Cons: Presentation, Taste
kevinastle
kevinastle

Spiritual Oasis

Posted on 06 / 28 / 2009

In a desert of bland and inedible food this is a veritable oasis of culinary delights.
The food is spiritualised because it has been offered to the Supreme Lord before serving to customers.
If you want good nourishing tasty food and spiritual upliftment,then this is the place.
One of the best restaurants in Dublin,the other two are also Govindas.

Pros: Great food, Lacto-veggie, Spiritual
Cons: none
backpasher
backpasher

Yum

Posted on 12 / 30 / 2008

I have been to this one and the one on Abbey St - but I think this one is that little bit nicer.

The staff are friendly and there is plenty of space. The food is tasty and filling.

It's good value food for Dublin.

Jade n Lucy
Jade n Lucy

I love this food

Posted on 12 / 09 / 2008

This is the first Govinda's in Dublin and is still my favourite. It's great value and tasty food. The staff are always friendly. My favourite is the paneer. This place is a must for me every time I visit Dublin.

Pros: great food, good price, friendly staff
Cons: self service
Alex82
Alex82

Fantastic cheap food

Posted on 07 / 20 / 2008

Lovely veggie and vegan friendly food served by friendly staff. The food is very good value in a city where eating out can be very expensive.

Pros: Lovely food, Good value, Friendly staff
Cons: None!
Stevie
Stevie

Govindas, Dublin

Posted on 09 / 10 / 2006

I've eaten here a few times. I'd have no issues with eating here again but locationwise it looses out for me to Cornucopia and Juice (both are more centrally located but admittedly only by about 5 mins walk or so). Food was decent enough I seem to remember but this may have been in my pre vegan days (I can't remember exactly). It could be open longer hours.

Dear Owner and Manager of Govinda's - Aungier Street: