Govinda Veggie Corner

A Hare Krishna vegetarian food restaurant and take-away. Deli style buffet and salad bar includes a variety of dishes though most items contain dairy except for 1 or 2 mains. Vegan to ask. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Hungarian, Indian, Salad bar, Take-out

First Review by Miss.Muesli
MaurycyBrowar
MaurycyBrowar

Delicious and friendly staff

4 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2014

The food is very delicious and they help you to pick out vegan dishes. Especially the pakoras was awesome.

Pros: friendly staff, great pakoras , good drinks
Cons: no outdoor seats , the eggplant dip ist too spicy
VeganChristianGal
VeganChristianGal

Not for vegans

5 Posted on 06 / 12 / 2014

They only have 1 vegan option on normal days, and not really tasty:/ great for vegetarians not vegans. Not really healthy. Most food is super oily:/ but my friends love it:) I would give a 5 star for this place:)

Pros: Really really cheap, Premade, no need to wait, Nice restaurant nice staffs
Cons: Not for vegans, Not as healthy
CatherineM
CatherineM

Cheap and friendly

4 Posted on 12 / 19 / 2013

I went here for lunch. There was a lot of choice and the staff were happy to explain what everything was. I ended up having a curry with small side order for the equivalent of 3 Euros. Will definitely be going back.

Pros: Good value, Plenty of choice, Friendly staff

jellybean
jellybean

nice veggie meal right downtown

4 Posted on 06 / 08 / 2013

This was right around the corner from our hotel so very convenient. We had the late afternoon buffet. Everything was tasty. Price even included drinks.
Great value especially considering the price!

happy.traveler
happy.traveler

delicious

4 Posted on 09 / 27 / 2012

I took full daily menu with soup, main dish, dessert and drink and everything was so tastefull. They use various spices in suprising way. Prices moderate.

BartekBondzior
BartekBondzior

Very good

5 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2012

The place is located in the city center of Budapest, but the cost of the food is really low. As said before you can eat a dinner for two for 2000HUF that is like... 7 euro. There is no English menu, but the staff is English-speaking. Desserts are so delicious it's breathtaking!

Pros: Location, Cheap, Very tasty food
Cons: No English menu
etka
etka

Good late afternoon buffet

5 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2012

This restaurant has a special buffet meal everyday after 4:00 p.m. You can have unlimited amounts of anything offered (except for the cakes, but who needs them after a large meal?)for 13 euro, which includes soup, breads, several Indian options as well as veggy (noodles and cheese), fruit salad and juice. You can also order a la carte, which is what most locals (mostly students) were doing. We enjoyed the buffet meal and the owner was very helpful in suggesting what to try. I especially liked the cabbage (goulash style) soup. This centrally located cafeteria style restaurant is conveniently located in the center of the Pest side of the city, not far from the covered market and the Danube.

Pros: inexpensive, friendly staff
dzvinka.mytsyk
dzvinka.mytsyk

Nice cheap place - 2000 huf for dinner for two :)

4 Posted on 12 / 27 / 2011

It is buffet style place with plenty of vegan options. We stayed there for like 30 minutes in the evening - so it can be both almost empty and in 15 crowded mins, like with no free table. Food is tasty, prices are awesome, they also have fixed price offers. No coffee or tea, just herbal.

Pros: price, location, good taste
Cons: some dishes are not for weight watchers"
Marcius Baratella
Marcius Baratella

My favorite restaurant in Budapest

5 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2011

The food is just great and besides, it is made by Hare Krishnas, which is the best. They always have something different everyday. Since it's very close to my hotel, I've been there everyday for dinner, except for Sundays when it's closed. The atmosphere is very calm and relaxed. Don't forget to try their lemonade and the ginger orange juice. The desserts are gorgeous too. Heavenly food, that is all I can say. Haribol!

Pros: Hare Krishna, Good price, Central
matwww
matwww

Fine for a quick veggie bite to eat.

3 Posted on 04 / 12 / 2010

Budapest seems to be full of small canteen style cafe's where you go up to the counter, select your food from the options on display and pay at till.

This is the first vegetarian place I've found in Budapest and I wanted a quick lunch while visiting a nearby business client. I got the Indian main dish (a mild vegetable curry), some rice and plenty of salad for less than £6.

It was far from the best Indian food I've ever had but it was very tasty and was exactly what I was looking for. I think the curry was made using local vegetables e.g. brussel sprouts rather than what you might expect in a traditional vegetarian Indian curry but this didn't put me off.

For a quick informal veggie lunch in Budapest I would recommend this place. If you want something more formal or food cooked fresh to order then I'd probably look elsewhere.

Pros: Quick, Cheap
Cons: Not freshly cooked
Miss.Muesli
Miss.Muesli

poor quality food

2 Posted on 04 / 09 / 2010

We were very disappointed here. Tried a few dishes at dinner time on a weekday and they all were not fresh and not tasty. Maybe they just had a bad day...

Pros: Central location
Cons: unfresh food, tasteless

Dear Owner and Manager of Govinda Veggie Corner: