Part of the Hare Krishna restaurant chain. Offers vegetarian Eastern and Western meals and a variety of sweets and snacks. All meals are prepared without garlic or onion. Has a 500-seat reception hall next to it which is available for functions. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Catering, Delivery
11 Pleasant View Rd, Panmure (Bhakti Centre)
Auckland, New Zealand
09-5278146

Mon-Sun 10:00am-10:00pm

First Review by helc
helc
helc

Love this place!

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2015

I've been here several times, and the food still continues to satisfy me very well. Highlights about this place: no garlic no onion, as with the Hare Krishna practise. Suits me well, because I'm Buddhist and I have a similar diet. The prices are VERY good (a decent meal for less than $10), with ranges from a $7 set meal (not including drinks, but water is free) to more expensive delicacies more than $10 each. I always get the sets, because they come with different curries and it's easier since I don't know much about the Indian cuisine. Nonetheless, the food tastes amazing. And the service is exceptional; very friendly and helpful. I recall on my first visit, the lady gave us different options and gave us much-appreciated advice on what to order.
I definitely recommend this place!

Pros: friendly staff, no garlic, no onion, good food, good value
Cons: might be hard to find

Dear Owner and Manager of Govinda Restaurant: