Govinda Lila Restaurant...

Tiny place inside the San Blas market serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Local cuisine, healthy options. Around 5 soles for a full meal including main dish, salad, soup, juice. Look for their sign inside the market. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Peruvian
Mercado San Blas, corner stall
Cusco, Peru
n/a

Open Mon-Sat 12-17pm, closed Sun.

• Cash only

First Review by iceicekati
sglcklch
sglcklch

A real hidden gem!

5 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2014

This place wasn't so much a restaurant as a small stall tucked in one corner of San Blas market. The setting was really basic: a few tables and chairs and that was it. Probably 10 seats max. But don't get deterred by that, the food and value made up for it.

The owner was a very nice lady who also did all the cooking. For 6 soles you get a soup, a drink, and a main plate. The day I went she had a gingery sweet potato soup, a passion fruit drink, and some kind of veggie patty in a red sauce topped with some stewed grain with a side of brown rice. Everything was homecooked and delicious. The patty had such great texture and flavor; the stewed grain was also good and very interesting. Never had anything like that. I tried to ask her what it exactly was but got lost in translation. Too bad it was already our last day in the city, otherwise I would've eaten here more than once for sure.

Pros: incredible value, great food, friendly owner
HeatherNicholds
HeatherNicholds

My favourite place in Cusco :)

5 Posted on 03 / 09 / 2013

I love this place - the food tastes great and seems like it's made much more healthfully than other places (no MSG, little or no oil), and it's 5 soles for a big meal. The soup is always delicious, as is the main which includes rice (you can get brown for an extra 2 soles), some kind of bean, some cooked vegetables and some raw vegetables. Perfect meal! The only downside is that it was a bit too much for me but tasted so good I always wanted to finish it. Lila is the sweetest, and although you sometimes have to squish in on the bench to fit, it's totally worth it for the fantastic lunch. I would eat here every day :)

Pros: delicious healthy food, really sweet owner, amazing value
Cons: small, and usually busy, hard to find, not open Sundays
Mono Ritmico
Mono Ritmico

Just great !

5 Posted on 11 / 30 / 2012

Amazing food, great service and good ambient.
Now it`s inside the San Blas market and the complete menu (includes soup, main, salad and "mate") it`s 5 soles (like 2 US dolars).
Try the maracuya pie or the banana chocolate cake for only 3 soles.

Pros: clean, price, taste
danielpoland
danielpoland

I love that place

5 Posted on 10 / 10 / 2010

I have been in Cusco for about 1 month and eat there everyday (except Sunday when that tiny restaurant is close). I'm vegan and when I asked about vegan option on a first day she told me that today she had only soup for me. She asked how long I will stay in Cusco and during that time she was cooking everything without any animal products. Only for me and on the same time for all customers who are not vegan. I was really surprised... By the way food there is really great! Everyday something new. and really cheap (about 1 EURO for soup, tea and main dish). Restaurant is very tiny and you have always opportunity to meet interesting people there.

Pros: excellent food, very friendly staff, close to the main square

iceicekati
iceicekati

Ate here 3 days running it's amazing!

5 Posted on 01 / 23 / 2010

I would love the food here even if it didn't cost 3.5 Soles ($1.25) for a healthy, tasty, big lunch served by some really sweet people. Also a nice place to chat with local vegetarians! We had things ranging from gluten stir fry (typical peruvian Saltado), potato yuca soup, but the best was a veggie stuffed pepper. I want to go back already! Lunch usually runs out by 4 pm.

Pros: big portions, delicious!, tasty and cheap
Cons: no dinner, kind of crowded

Dear Owner and Manager of Govinda Lila Restaurant Vegetariano: