Govardhan

Established in 2003, this small veg food diner is near the Barbarossaplatz. Offers a daily menu that changes and is posted on its website. Vegans need to specify. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Ayurvedic, Fast food, Take-out
Roonstr. 3, Koln (am Barbarossaplatz)
Cologne, Germany 50674
+49-0221-4928916

Open Mon-Sat 12.00-22.00.

First Review by Mar
dragonprincess
dragonprincess

Tasty delicate flavours

4 Posted on 06 / 21 / 2014

All the food here is either vegetarian or vegan. If you say that you are vegan you really do get a completely vegan meal including dessert. It is definitely a good idea to take the daily meal as you get a nice starter, bread and pudding along with your meal. The staff are pleasant and chat. The food isn't the rich and spicy type that you would get in India (or even in the UK!!) I always think that Indian food in German is way too diluted to suit the Germans tastes so I found the food here like all Indian food in Germany very delicate. It was still very nice and the location is very practical.

TGIV
TGIV

very nice authentic place to eat Indian

4 Posted on 06 / 16 / 2014

A small cozy place to eat tasty Indian food.
You'll find there only Vegetarian & Vegan meals, some goods for sale (e.g. Yogic & Ayurvedic teas, oils, spices, books etc.) & attention from the owner.
I was there with my boyfriend (carnivore), who loved his veggie plate. At finish we took some deserts home and very much enjoyed them.
I'd like to support such privately owned, homy places by spreading a kind word about it.
Get in there, when you pass by ;)

coi
coi

Special Place

3 Posted on 04 / 04 / 2013

I used to go there since a few years and more often some time ago because they want higher prices but for the same food while they lost some of the good quality in my opinion. Besides they are not always friendly, it's more like an anonym atmosphere and they only want to serve you fast.

BUT the food is very tasty and the restaurants style is great!

Pros: good food, good located, idea
Cons: price, unfriendly, closed on sundays
ozzyprv
ozzyprv

great quiet restaurant

5 Posted on 02 / 18 / 2013

Restaurant was very quiet and clean. We ate 3 with some appies for aprox. 30 euros. Staff is nice but they don't speak English. Menu has specific vegan items.
Recommended.

Pros: very tasty food, inexpensive, lots of choices
Cons: they don't speak English
Rat.Fink
Rat.Fink

Worth a Go!

4 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2011

I liked eating here with my partner when we visited Cologne. We had dahl soup to start, which was tasty and came with our mains. I had an enjoyable seitan and vegetable curry for my main course, which came with mint and spicy sauces. I recommend having "Halawa" for pudding, as it is a very yummy doughy thing with almonds and raisins, that is suitable for vegans. Good customer service, fair prices and plenty for vegans.

Pros: Nice food, Vegan-friendly, Good service

sucubus
sucubus

choose the daily menu

4 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2011

you can get there very good food and you can try some unusual ingredients. but take some time for eating there, they are not very fast, but it's fresh made. the daily menue is a perfect offer!

nspanee
nspanee

good choice

5 Posted on 02 / 14 / 2010

i really like the choice there... portion n price good. n the food very tasty. the staff was very kind too.

grishma
grishma

Great!

5 Posted on 10 / 16 / 2009

We were there for a late lunch, just day before. We had the set lunch. The food was very good and satisfying. Homemade and healthy food. We also ordered some extras from the regular menu. We will definitely go back. The location seemed pretty central, the area around was busy and buzzing.

piffelina
piffelina

GREAT!

5 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2009

just what i was looking for - i was there twice in my short weekend to cologne. the first night i had the menu, a starter with a soup, a main course and a desert. the staff was very nice and spoke good english.
the second night i had the kebab, but i would recommend the menu, even though the menu was great too.

will return when back in cologne.

Pros: cheap, good service, nice staff
ampallang
ampallang

tasty. but the regular

4 Posted on 04 / 28 / 2009

It was nice to find Go vindam, we had the lunch speical 6.90 euro. There was dahl soup, a little thin but very full of flavour, the nan and papadam were very true, rice is rice.. the aubergine and potato curry had a good amount of spices, they even had a vegan desert which was some type of dough with rasians. English was spoken well and they knew what vegan was and were very friendly. The dinner is 7.90 euro.. it was a good price generally BUT maybe a little expensive since nothing was organic.

Pros: choice of dishes, friendly staff, toilet
Cons: a little pricey but its germany
Mar
Mar

amazing food in a friendly and familiar environmen

5 Posted on 05 / 08 / 2007

One of the places I miss more from Cologne is Govindam, I used to live only 5 minutes from there and go with my friends for a vegetarian kebab and a mango lassie. The food was delicious and the people really nice. It is a familiar and small place, spotless and cosy. If you are out and about in Cologne, do not miss out on this. There is a set menu from 1 to 3 at an incredible price. Highly recommendable

Pros: nice familiar staff, great food & big portions, very good value for money
Cons: not open on Sunday, -, -

Dear Owner and Manager of Govardhan: