Gourmet India

Serves meat, veg options available. Indian food menu, has a vegetarian section. Nice interior with rich colors. Prices higher than typical Indian places. Price: Expensive more-less
Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Non-veg

HelenK
HelenK

Tasty food, nice atmosphere

4 Posted on 08 / 24 / 2013

The food here was really good!

While this is not a vegan or vegetarian restaurant, there is a dedicated vegetarian section, where a lot of the options are also vegan. The vegan options were plentiful and the tofu dish I had was very good! There were also many gluten-free options available.

They do serve meat and dairy, however this was a great place to go with my omnivorous family. Everyone was very satisfied here.

Additionally, I have a corn allergy, which they easily accommodated. It was clear that the waitress knew what was in the food I was asking about, and didn't hesitate to tell me if a dish contained an ingredient I couldn't eat, something I very much appreciate.

Another bonus is with a receipt from your dinner you can park in the garage next door for free for three hours.

Pros: Free parking, Excellent food, Accommodating of food allergies
Cons: Serves meat
leanandgreenkids
leanandgreenkids

A pleasant surprise downtown, authentic and tasty

4 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2012

I was pleasantly surprised to find this quaint cafe in the Gaslamp district, with a good section of the menu specifically dedicated to veg and vegan offerings. The food was very good and the service friendly. We enjoyed sitting outside and people watching, but the inside was beautiful and authentically indian with floor seating.

Pros: location, food, atmosphere
Cons: none

Dear Owner and Manager of Gourmet India: