open from 12:00 to 15:00 and from 19:30 to 22:30 nice music, calm, good service, open for 7 years, the first in Braga Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, International, Portugese
Praça Mouzinho de Albuquerque, 29
Braga, Portugal 4710.301

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Marike
MellMoreira
MellMoreira

So delicious!

Posted on 07 / 25 / 2015

While staying in Braga, we stopped here two times. The staff was super friendly and told us what we could eat as a vegan. The first time we had sautéed tofu with zoodles, veggies and rice. The second time we had a seitan "beef" with no cheese, salad, rice and veggies. For desert, we had vegan apple pie & coconut flan. It's also a cute small restaurant. This place is absolutely delicious & I would definitely come here again next time I visit :)

orange_blossom
orange_blossom

Super friendly and delicious

Posted on 03 / 05 / 2015

This little vegetarian restaurant does not have menu. It is a very nice small place with cool music and at a good location that is very easy to find (can definitely not be said for other veggie restaurants in Braga). It raised some eyebrows when I asked for a vegan option but the staff was super friendly and helpful and in no time they cooked some delicious fried eggplant in tomato sauce, sautéed broccoli and mushrooms, brown rice and small salad for me. Oh, and they have vegan Apple pie :) You will also be served tea immediately upon arrival. They place was quite busy when I was there and the others all seemed locals which is always a good sign. Okay the English of the owners wasn't quite that good, but hey, we got by pretty well. Would definitely come here again.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday March 03, 2015

mbbl
mbbl

Friendly restaurant

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2014

Vegetarian but with possibility to transform the dishes into vegan options, just ask the staff.

A bit crowded during lunch in a workday, but still it was a very pleasant meal!

Pros: Free teapot, Friendly staff, Good food

prcr
prcr

Small, friendly restaurant

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2014

This small but friendly restaurant near the center of Braga came in handy for me and my wife to have a satisfying vegan meal in the North of Portugal.

As stated by other reviewers, as soon as you sit at the table you are offered a teapot with an infusion. The waiter then explains you the three different dishes for the day. We asked which dishes were vegan and the waiter was able to recommend two dishes (by adapting the ingredients of one of them).

The portions were very satisfying and included a nice variety of side foods such as salad, vegetables, and whole rice as well as the "main course" itself.

It's a pity that the restaurant is a bit small and can crowded during lunch hours, but we were very satisfied with the tasty food! It's a good place to go if you're in a hurry and don't really intend to linger, though.

Pros: Tasty food, Good portions, Quick service
Cons: Small restaurant, Can be a bit busy during lunch
walawolf
walawolf

Nice place

Posted on 05 / 07 / 2014

Needs a wider range of choice. Good food and cool space =)

GizelaRego
GizelaRego

Not vegan options

Posted on 07 / 12 / 2013

I remember to go there and ask for vegan options and they told me they had none... so i went away... lol

Bauldric
Bauldric

Very good food

Posted on 12 / 09 / 2011

This is the place for vegetarian in Braga. The stuff is very friendly the food is delicious. And it is very cheap. The cleanliness could be a litte bit better, but it is ok if you are not too niminy-piminy .

Pros: friendly stuff, excellent food, cheap
adma
adma

cozy

Posted on 08 / 18 / 2011

I went there twice recently. I think it has a good and quiet atmosphere, both times the staff was friendly and the food was delicious and more that we could eat. I think they offer a good service to tourists since I saw some there, but I can't be totally sure about it.
The price without drink (the tea is free) is @ 5€ and with dessert @ 7€. I found the big downside is not having a menu. The waiter comes to your table, tells you what the 3 dishes for the day are, and you have to decide right there.
The restaurant was almost full the two times I went there, and seats probably 40 people.

Pros: friendly staff, nice atmosphere, tasty food
Cons: not having a menu
sjpereira
sjpereira

A great restaurant

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2010

Went with my (non veggie) husband and our 2 veggie kids aged 5 and 2. We all loved it! Lovely relaxing atmosphere, friendly welcoming staff and delicious food. Excellent value for money and generally fantastic!

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Friendly staff
Cons: can be busy
Marike
Marike

Gosto Superior

Posted on 06 / 12 / 2009

This is really a wonderful place. The staff is very welcoming, they bring you a large pot of tea before you order (you can order other drinks if you want), which I thought was a nice gesture. The location is good, on a quiet square in the city centre, and it's nicely furnished. They have 3 dishes to choose from every day. I ate there two days in a row, and the menu was different the 2nd day. You get a huge plate of food, which also contains salads, hot vegetables and rice or couscous. It was really quite cheap, very good value! The place is running well, most other customers were locals, which is also a good sign. I really love this place, I would most definitely recommend it.

Pros: welcoming staff, good food, excellent value

Dear Owner and Manager of Gosto Superior: