Serves meat, veg options available. Has many vegan choices. Some menu items are a veggie plate, miso soup, quinoa with peas, arame risotto, tofu in zucchini, pasta with leeks and broccoli. Serves bio teas. Has own vegetable garden in summer. Free wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, International, Italian, Salad bar, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
Alpska Cesta 8
Lesce, Slovenia 4248
00386-4-537-88-00

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by A-Babe
rhelune
rhelune

Tasty vegan food, and plenty of it

4 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2014

Not to be missed when visiting Bled.

There's a great selection of vegan dishes, so it took me some time to make up my mind. I'd never had seaweed risotto before, so I ordered arame risotto. It sounded interesting and was very tasty (there were some carrots in it as well). I also had miso soup with some more seaweed and sesame seeds. It was tasty, but tasted western, I think it might have had some parsley in it.

They had no vegan cakes, but the waiter offered me fresh bilberries (that usually come with ice cream, but that wouldn't be vegan). I got a whole bowl of them, and they were delicious even without any kind of sweetener.

The staff is very friendly. The food is somewhat pricy though.

The chocolate factory Gorenjka is located nearby. The factory store sells discounted chocolates (because they broke or turned out not so pretty). For about €8 you can buy a kilo of vegan dark chocolate with whole hazelnuts, or vegan dark chocolate with puffed rice. Ask the waiter in Tulipan for directions ;)

Pros: tasty food, very friendly staff, location
Cons: no vegan cakes, somewhat pricey
A-Babe
A-Babe

Very vegan-friendly!

4 Posted on 09 / 02 / 2013

They have a whole one page in the menu that offers vegetarian and at least five vegan dishes. People that work there are extremely nice and when I asked about a mushroom risotto that wasn't on "vegan menu", they said it's not vegan, it has some cream inside, but I was like ok, if it's not much I'll survive... When I got the dish waiter said they made it without cream. That surprised me since I didn't specifically asked for that, but I just mentioned I'm vegan. So yes, I must give them thumbs up for the attitude and for food quality as well!

Pros: Friendly stadd, Excellent food, Good value
Cons: Located on city edge

Dear Owner and Manager of Gostisce Tulipan: