Gorkha Palace

Serves meat, veg options available. Offers many options for vegans which are clearly marked on the menu. Uses compostable take-out containers. Sources food locally. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, International, Indian, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Nepalian, Tibetan, Non-veg
23 4th St NE (1st Ave NE)
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55414
612-886-3451

Open Mon-Thur 11am-2:30pm, 5-10pm, Fri-Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 5-9pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by plant_eater
EverydayTastiness
EverydayTastiness

Awesome Nepali and Indian Food

4 Posted on 10 / 08 / 2013

Gorkha Palace is one of our favorite restaurants in Minneapolis. They serve delicious food from Nepal, Tibet, and India. There are vegan, vegetarian, and meaty items all clearly marked on the menu, so there is something for everyone.

It’s usually full on the evenings and weekends. If you have a party of at least four, they will take a reservation. Thursday nights they have a live sitar playing. Get there early to get a table.

The artwork on the walls all comes from Nepal. Take a moment to walk around and look at it if you can. My favorite is the painting of the real Gorkha Palace in Nepal.

Crispy papadam is frequently brought out for free as an appetizer to dinner.

Our favorite drink is the spiced black tea. We like it black and extra strong.

The veggie pakora is our favorite appetizer. It is a crispy, chickpea battered, fried collection of cabbage, onions, and jalapenos with some mint and tamarind chutney on the side. I like mine plain; my wife likes hers with the chutney.

My wife’s favorite is the Chyau Takari which was recently removed from the menu, but you can still order it. She loves the medley of mushrooms and spices.

My favorite is Channa Saag is very similar to the Channa Masala in that it has chickpeas and potatoes in a curry gravy, but with added spinach it goes great with some garlic roti. Hariyo Saag is my second favorite. It is seasonal leafy greens in curry with ginger and garlic.

Staff is great and there is usually parking in the lot if you get there early.

Pros: Tasty Food, clearly labeled menu items, friendly staff
plant_eater
plant_eater

Go Gorkha!

4 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2012

My boyfriend and I eat hear regularly and love this place! The staff is very friendly and the food is always high quality and gives generous portions. Their entrees are divided into two sections: "vegetarian" and "non-vegetarian"(love that). You must get the veggie pakora- so wonderfully crispy and served with two chutneys (one is a spicy mint and the other is slightly sweet tamarind). I have been going here since they opened and I have never been disappointed. They are truly committed to quality and customer service.

Pros: vegan items, excellent food, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Gorkha Palace: