Serves meat, veg options available. Has grilled a veggie burrito, a tofu burrito, and vegan sauces. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Mexican, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg
258 Thayer St
Providence, Rhode Island 02906
401-455-3666

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by will-travel-for-food
Pwnie-Boy
Pwnie-Boy

Can't beat it for the price

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2011

I've been stopping into this joint for more than a few years now and my experiences have been positive for the most part. There have been instances where I got black beans rather than pinto and have only had cheese added by mistake once.

Putting that aside, they have a nice selection of vegan options and the ingredients/fillings are very flavorful. I typically rock a "baby bean with pinto" and a soft taco with beans/tofu. If you're not quite up for cooking at home and want to grab some takeout that is extremely tasty and inexpensive (under $15 to feed a family of 3) then I highly recommend frequenting this place. Always friendly service. Maybe they'll carry some vegan cheese one day.

Pros: Very Flavorful, Friendly Staff, So cheap!
Cons: x, x, x
Rosh
Rosh

Fast and Friendly

Posted on 05 / 24 / 2010

So nice to find fast vegan options, and everything was delicious. Good sized portions and friendly service. We'll definitely be back.

Cons: Not enough seating
MeghanZombie
MeghanZombie

Amazing

Posted on 10 / 22 / 2009

I ate there everyday for over a year. Tofu tacos are wonderful. cheap 2

Pros: cheap, tasty
Cons: street parking

squirrel314
squirrel314

Not very careful!

Posted on 05 / 19 / 2009

I used to eat at GD fairly regularly, several times per week. But twice now I've been served non-vegan food despite ordering vegan choices and asking for no cheese. (Once I was served chicken, and once cheese.) While I realize people make mistakes, this is far too often for my taste -- I'm a regular customer! I will not be eating there any more, and if you do, keep an eye on what goes in your burrito!

Pros: good food, many vegan options, fast
Cons: often make mistakes, not careful with your order
will-travel-for-food
will-travel-for-food

Try the mole poblano!

Posted on 01 / 21 / 2009

There are a number of tasty vegan filling options here: grilled veggies (squash, mushrooms, spinach, etc.), marinated tofu, black beans, pinto beans, etc. The mole poblano sauce is tasty -- and vegan, also. Just remember to ask for your burrito without cheese or sour cream, as they usually come standard. The folks who work here are very nice. I have a hearty appetite, and the baby burrito usually fills me up. If you're really hungry, though, go for the gordito burrito!

Pros: solid vegan options, nice staff, filling food

Dear Owner and Manager of Gordito Burrito: