Vegetarian restaurant serving Indian food. Previously fast-food, now more of a sit-down place. Previously named Govindam. Run by Hare Krishna. All lacto-vegetarian dishes vegan upon request. Lunch specials offered. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Indian, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out
Grindelallee 159
Hamburg, Germany 20146

Mon-Fri 11:30am-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm

First Review by Wong Fei Hung
kristaov
kristaov

Slow and part of my food was still frozen

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2015

We went past this place many times (we live around the corner) and we were tempted to try on a day when we were in a slight hurry. On the window it says Mittagtisch in 1 minute, so, although it was around 19h we expected to be served fast. Unfortunately this was not the case. After 15-20 minuten we finally got our drinks (with stained glasses) and it took way over 30 minutes to get our dishes. I had "meat" balls in spicy sauce and the centres of the balls were still frozen... In the pappadum basket there were still pieces of old pappadum. All in all a bad experience. I hope for the owner that this was an incident, but we are not coming back.

Cons: slow, low quality food, dirty glasses and pappadum basket
gregorbttp
gregorbttp

Nice place

Posted on 06 / 16 / 2015

I've been there a couple of times and have always enjoyed both the atmosphere and the food. The staff is always nice and will be happy to inform you about the dishes' ingredients. Non-vegan meals can be turned into vegan ones on request. Everything seems well portioned as you start feeling full the very moment you get to finish your food. Though all dishes could have been seasoned stronglier, especially the ones including seitan were highly recommendable. If you are willing to pay a little more than you usually do, this is a nice place to go.

Pros: Dishes well portioned, Great seitan, Friendly staff
Cons: Quite expensive, Sometimes underseasoned
proudtobveggie
proudtobveggie

Mediocre food

Posted on 12 / 21 / 2013

I don't think I am visiting this place again. The prices are pretty okay but the quality of food is not that great. One might get such kind of Indian food in very many restaurant across Germany, which is not authentic. What makes this restaurant different from other is that its 100% vegetarian. I am searching for another one next time.

Pros: Location
Cons: Taste, Quality

Ophee
Ophee

Lovely Time

Posted on 06 / 04 / 2013

I dearly love Indian food and this was amazing! Quick with lots of meat alternatives or healthy indian or even pizza! I would definitely go back. Even their bathroom was decked out in vegan messages :)

Pros: Big Selection, Speed
Take It Back
Take It Back

Try their vegan döner

Posted on 11 / 09 / 2010

Friendly staff and good, cheap vegetarian and vegan food. Best place to eat vegan döner (not listed on the menue).

Wong Fei Hung
Wong Fei Hung

good restaurant

Posted on 04 / 25 / 2010

the staff is always very friendly and the food is very decent. they offer lot's of seitan dishes and you get a small bowl of soup and some indian-style crisp bread together with most of the main-courses. the atmosphere is calm and relaxed. i can really recommend the seitan! seitan-gyros and seitan-döner are my personal favourites!

Pros: nice staff, great food
Cons: some dishes could be bigger

Dear Owner and Manager of Gopalam: