Krishna Indian vegetarian food and Chinese dishes. No garlic or onion used. Breakfast, lunch & dinner menus are different. The quantity served at standard menu price could also vary depending on how many people are at table. Note: For vegans, ask for an English speaking waiter and seek confirmation before the order is placed. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Chinese, Indian
59, Jalan Thambipillai, Brickfields (near KL Sentral, behind Jalan Tun Sambanthan)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 50470
012-3513713
OPEN NOW

Mon-Sun 7:00am-1:00am

First Review by vegehew
MissAshley
MissAshley

Fabulous Variety of food.

Posted on 03 / 07 / 2014

We had a long day and needed a meal, this was a short walk from our Le Meridian hotel. The variety was great and so was the meal. A very pleasant english speaking guy serve us our food and there was no problem in asking for less spicy food, they asked!

The satay was really nice and so was the mee mammak? Intending to return for a 2nd visit tomorrow.

Pros: Inexpensive, Near to hotel
OldNick
OldNick

Excellent variety

Posted on 04 / 04 / 2013

I've dined here a few times and I've not been disappointed. Great choice of Indian/Chinese/Malay/Western dishes, although as some reviewers have already mentioned they do have a tendency to push you to order the specials. Last time I had the mock fried fish sambal with rice. Great flavour and very spicy, which was pleasing as some veggie places don't add enough chilli heat for my liking. The thali plates are also good but not filling enough for me.
There's an air conditioned room if you want to cool down but the ceiling fans in the main area make it cool enough for most.

Pros: Good selection of dishes, Clean and comfortable, Reasonably priced
Cons: Over-emphasis on the daily specials
freeprincebandar
freeprincebandar

Hole in the wall with good tali plate

Posted on 10 / 14 / 2012

Hole in the wall off a side street off Jln Tun Sambanthan 4 (close to the JLn Tun Sambanthan monorail and KL sentral). Has standard tali plate with increasing options for more curries. Inexpensive, tasty, a bit spicy. Have eaten there twice without getting sick.

Pros: good food, inexpensive
Cons: environment

bravie_1310
bravie_1310

awesome vegetarian foods

Posted on 09 / 16 / 2012

gopala's always been my favourite vegetarian restaurant everytime i pay a visit to nearby temples.variety of foods plus the hospitalitity from the waiters make me to dine again and again.best foods i've tried so far would be nasi lemak, mushroom fried rice, kashmir rice and kampung fried rice.even the environment is quite nice plus reasonable price.it's basically a hare rama hare krishna's restaurant, so needs no worries on purification of the foods.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good value
Grumpy
Grumpy

About Gopala

Posted on 05 / 05 / 2011

Although it is open for breakfast and lunch, offerings are limited. Opting for dinner solves this problem. Ask for a waiter who can speak English and stress that orders placed by different individuals at table should be served (more or less) simultaneously. It's not much fun watching (and listening) to another person at table finish his meal before you have even been served. If you want traditinal South Indian fare, seek clarification before placing your order

Pros: dinner menu is good
Cons: Orders placed arrive at different times, Waiters who can't speak English
enRoute
enRoute

Fun, convenient, tasty

Posted on 01 / 27 / 2010

I enjoyed the heck out of this place, while it's true that there may be better South Indian food to seek out in KL, this place is fun and has a nice atmosphere... it's open late (till 1 a.m.) and has a very spiritual vibe going on, lots of families, religious people and activities happening late into the eve - at least the times I was there.

Can't say too much about the food as I only had a few dosas which were average or above-average, but I'd still definitely recommend giving the place try.

Pros: nice atmosphere, open late, nice food
Cons: not the best Indian in KL
Abirami
Abirami

Good vegetarian food indian cum malay fusion

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2010

This restaurant serves malay fusion food and mock meat dishes. This is the place for diners who wish to try malay fusion dishes. Relatively clean restaurant serves food without onion and garlic.

Pros: healthy cousine, clean , tasty food
Cons: Dodgy place
kympatterson
kympatterson

Disappointed by this Indian restuarant

Posted on 02 / 16 / 2009

I was really disappointed by this Indian vege restuarant - you can find plenty of better, tastier Indian vege food elsewhere in KL. The service was frustrating and the staff obessed with 'upselling' everything - from the air-cond room to the daily 'specials'. The waiter wouldn't even listen to what we wanted to order. I found the food a little average - tasty enough but no better than other Indian restuarants I found elsewhere. I find it hard to recommend this place.

Pros: Air con
Cons: Pushy staff, Average food
simdel
simdel

Excellent

Posted on 08 / 30 / 2008

This is a really great little restaurant in the backstreets of Brickfields about one minute from the monorail station.
The restaurant is divided into two sections, aircon and non aircon and both are atmospheric. Lovely music from ISKON is played while dining and staff are friendly, unobtrusive and efficient.
We ordered thali sets in the aircon section and both the quantity and quality were top notch. The food is authentic and karma free and was absolutely delicious, washed down with lassi. The total price of such a meal was very reasonable and good value indeed and now that I have found such a fabulous little Indian eatery, I'll be back there whenever I am passing through KL Sentral. Highly recommended.

Pros: The food, the comfortable aircon section, Decent staff
Cons: None that I saw
vegehew
vegehew

Yummy "Satay"

Posted on 05 / 01 / 2008

You must try their "Satay"..really delicious and also their hot spicy "mee goreng". In fact we were a bit disappointed cos we cant find any Indian mee rojak around that area. Hope they will offer that one day.

Pros: friendly staff, reasonal price, clean
Cons: No Indian mee Rojak

Dear Owner and Manager of Gopala: