Goodness Me - Hamilton

Natural food market with several locations. Stocks some vegan products in addition to other natural groceries, organic produce, supplements, and personal care products Has a deli and bakery with small seating area. more-less
1000 Upper Gage Avenue
Hamilton, Ontario L8V 4R5
905-388-8400

Open Mon-Fri 9am-9pm, Sat 9am-7pm, Sun 11am-6pm.

First Review by Nathan
yesvegan
yesvegan

GOODNESS ME

1 Posted on 03 / 07 / 2012

I use to adore Goodness Me because of the "unique" grocery items that I thought were hard to locate elsewhere. I'am a Vegan, and have discovered that doing abit of research and a few extra minutes of driving are worth so much more than to continue my shopping at Goodness Me. Plain and simple, their prices are absolutely HORRIBLE!!! What does it say, when I can go to Whole Foods or Organic Garage and purchase the EXACT same items for a fraction of their costs?!? A few examples are personal products: I can purchase some items from Goodness Me and from one of the other mentioned stores, and spend easily $15.00 more on the exact same items at Goodness ME. Food...same applies. This is just an example on purchasing a couple items, imagine the cost difference if I had a few bags of groceries/shopping needs?!?
I think it's a shame that they are the only ones near by representing alternative lifestyle choices. Anyone that might think about venturing into a healthy lifestyle, vegetarian, vegan, or whichever, may think it's too expensive if they learned from shopping at Goodness Me. If they had prices that were more compariable with other such like places in other cities I would love to continue my shopping there, but I know it will likely fall on deaf ears. Unfortuneate. I have just become fed up with seeing sooo many items for sooo much cheaper elsewhere. I don't understand why they think it's ok to raise costs so much more than others and be ok with that. Possibly because they have the market for that area?
Updated from previous review on Wednesday March 07, 2012

Pros: variety, cleanliness
Cons: PRICES!, consumer concerns never addressed, HIGH PRICES
Nathan
Nathan

Great place with plenty of choice

5 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2011

This Goodness Me! location in my opinion is their best. It's a large store with tones of choice from produce to grocery's to supplements. It has a lovely bulk section as well as a smoothie bar which also serves food. They even have a little area in the back where you can sit and enjoy your meal/smoothie.

In addition, although I've never participated, they host lots of educational events, (talks, presentations, classes etc).

Reachable by public transit. Long opening hours.

Pros: Lots of choice, Fresh produce, quality products

Dear Owner and Manager of Goodness Me - Hamilton: