Natural food market with several locations. Stocks some vegan products in addition to other natural groceries, organic produce, supplements, and personal care products Has a deli and bakery with small seating area. more-less
1000 Upper Gage Ave

integrityfirst
integrityfirst

Poor Customer Service

Posted on 09 / 29 / 2014

Great location and ample parking. Close to the Linc. Has a mediocre assortment of produce and really fantastic selection of natural remedies. Staff are knowledgeable in this respect and most of the people who work there are very friendly and helpful. The goods baked on the premises can be dry, flavourless. I returned a lemon loaf in its original packaging because it was so dry, it fell apart.. looked like sawdust in the bag and the supervisor refused to refund my money or give me a store credit.

Pros: great location, variety of natural remedies, friendly staff
Cons: poor selection of fresh produce, no receipt, no refund , sketchy on the customer service end
garabaldi
garabaldi
  • non-vegetarian

Over priced for Empire Building

Posted on 07 / 02 / 2014

I used to visit this store at least once per week, and drop a minimum $200 as a major part of my healthy food family budget. Several years ago, as I discovered fair-priced farmers markets, and as other grocers improved their natural/organic selection, I observed a significant disparity in prices. Many non-perishables are like small boxes of air for $20 plus. One can order all non-perishables in bulk from online sources for a fraction of what this store charges. ie 454 grams of organic cumin for $16, 454 gr of pure org stevia powder for $64, vs 50 gr box of air for $15. Now, I visit maybe once per 3 or 4 months, when needing something fast. Stores like this (wholefoods, org garage etc) that over charge for their products, are more interested with empire building, then fair prices. I have reduced my food budget by more than half, and purchase more with those dollars. In addition, I remember many times getting burned by the organic produce, where items were rotten after a mere 24 hours. However, the staff is friendly and generally knowledgeable.

Pros: Knowledgeable and friendly staff, Some sales offer fair prices
Cons: Over priced, low quality produce, slow checkout lines
yesvegan
yesvegan

GOODNESS ME

Posted on 03 / 07 / 2012

I use to adore Goodness Me because of the "unique" grocery items that I thought were hard to locate elsewhere. I'am a Vegan, and have discovered that doing abit of research and a few extra minutes of driving are worth so much more than to continue my shopping at Goodness Me. Plain and simple, their prices are absolutely HORRIBLE!!! What does it say, when I can go to Whole Foods or Organic Garage and purchase the EXACT same items for a fraction of their costs?!? A few examples are personal products: I can purchase some items from Goodness Me and from one of the other mentioned stores, and spend easily $15.00 more on the exact same items at Goodness ME. Food...same applies. This is just an example on purchasing a couple items, imagine the cost difference if I had a few bags of groceries/shopping needs?!?
I think it's a shame that they are the only ones near by representing alternative lifestyle choices. Anyone that might think about venturing into a healthy lifestyle, vegetarian, vegan, or whichever, may think it's too expensive if they learned from shopping at Goodness Me. If they had prices that were more compariable with other such like places in other cities I would love to continue my shopping there, but I know it will likely fall on deaf ears. Unfortuneate. I have just become fed up with seeing sooo many items for sooo much cheaper elsewhere. I don't understand why they think it's ok to raise costs so much more than others and be ok with that. Possibly because they have the market for that area?
Updated from previous review on Wednesday March 07, 2012

Pros: variety, cleanliness
Cons: PRICES!, consumer concerns never addressed, HIGH PRICES

Nathan
Nathan

Great place with plenty of choice

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2011

This Goodness Me! location in my opinion is their best. It's a large store with tones of choice from produce to grocery's to supplements. It has a lovely bulk section as well as a smoothie bar which also serves food. They even have a little area in the back where you can sit and enjoy your meal/smoothie.

In addition, although I've never participated, they host lots of educational events, (talks, presentations, classes etc).

Reachable by public transit. Long opening hours.

Pros: Lots of choice, Fresh produce, quality products

Dear Owner and Manager of Goodness Me - Hamilton: