Goodies Berlin - Veganz War...

Organic coffee shop and bistro with multiple locations. Offers all vegan food with soups, salads, bagel, desserts, and cakes. Beverages include healthy smoothies plus coffee and hotties. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, Western, German, Bakery, Take-out
Warschauerstr. 33
Berlin, Germany 10243
OPEN NOW

Mon-Sat 8:00am-9:00pm, Sun 10:00am-6:00pm

First Review by CLRtraveller
Plantpower
Plantpower

Great - like all the goodies cafes

Posted on 11 / 13 / 2014

Have always been very pleased with goodies - in Hamburg, Berlin, and Leipzig.

werkat
werkat

Nice spot

Posted on 11 / 04 / 2014

Very good desserts, tasty burger and the proximity of Veganz. Great atmosphere !

jennyc32
jennyc32

Impressive cake

Posted on 10 / 04 / 2014

Goodies is the perfect place to get a quick lunch, or to grab something to takeaway. There is a variety of wraps, bagels, sandwiches and pastries. I wouldn't recommend the sweet potato BBQ bagel as there was no hint of BBQ on it, but the beet falafel was beautiful, as was the vegetable rosti. The cakes were the real highlight though: the chocolate and walnut torte was so rich and delicious, it was the best cake of the holiday.

Pros: Excellent desserts, Good lunch options

ksh
ksh

Great!

Posted on 08 / 24 / 2014

Good bagels, ice cream and coffee! Perfect place to have breakfast before you go upstairs to shop vegan shoes, and then get a snack at Veganz before you go out and do whatever else you have planned for the day.

coi
coi

Not yet convinced

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2014

The top location central in Friedrichshain is a plus but to be honest we didn´t like the food and shakes too much. Nevertheless there is a good value for money. The staff wasn´t really friendly and kind of pissed off :(

Nevertheless I would try it again maybe it was just a bad day for everyone and I also couldn´t try the sweet stuff so maybe this would have been better :)

Pros: location, good value for money
Cons: unfriendly staff, not that tasty
JazzyCow
JazzyCow

Delicious Desserts!

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2014

After shopping at Veganz, I came across the Goodies cafe just past the cash registers. Don't let the appearance fool you; it almost resembles a school cafeteria, but the desserts were gourmet and absolutely fantastic. Everything was presented beautifully, and just one bite proved how delicious vegan desserts can be. I tried the lemon torte there, and it was so much like a cheesecake, but better! I only wish I'd found it sooner, because I would have gone back for more (and I wouldn't have filled up on more desserts before :P). A must visit if you're in Berlin!

Pros: gourmet desserts, lots of selection
Cons: none :)
Vegan in Dublin
Vegan in Dublin

Two different experiences

Posted on 08 / 03 / 2014

I was there in July The food is German style, breads, bagels with fillings, soup and cakes. I ate there twice in two days and the experiences were rather different. It came down to the folk staffing the cafe. first time I was served by a friendly woman who was patient and helpful throughout. talked us through options and warmed up our bagels and wraps and chatted a bit with interest in us. Second time was a guy who hardly spoke, seemed disconnected and surprised that we wished our bagels to be warmed even though its common there. During waiting at the counter for our order a woman working there went to our food took it out of the grill and served it up. There wasn't any communication between her and our initial guy who was serving she just did it! She wasn't friendly at all and looked stressed, nervous. Our food was cold and less flavoursome than before. She came by later to take our plates and glasses away before we had finished too. So i would like her to chill out. overall I think we were lucky to get a friendly chilled person first time as I noticed the majority of the time the staff seem uninterested in people that come there and seem very self conscious that they work in a trendy hip store. I tried to find out how it is to work there maybe they were stressed or underpaid? what ever it needs addressing for sure. Cakes were very good. Mango torte is a must. Wraps were fine but lacked a kick. Try the fast Rabbit for a very tasty home made wrap.
Updated from previous review on Sunday August 03, 2014

Updated from previous review on Sunday August 03, 2014

Pros: accessible menu, great cakes, OK value
Cons: Staff can seem unfriendly, Wraps need more flavour
elrujo
elrujo

GOOD

Posted on 07 / 31 / 2014

see this place for yourself people, nice modern design with a good variety of food available on the menu

Pros: tasty food, good interior design
Cons: a bit small for busy area
Pitanguinha
Pitanguinha

perfect for a breakfast!

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2014

Perfect place to have vegan breakfast in Berlin! Different kinds of bagels, cakes, puddings, porridges, smoothies. I was so happy I've found this cafe during my stay in Berlin. They also have different salads to take out. The cappuccino was delicious!

Fedjie26
Fedjie26

Great Variety of food and drinks

Posted on 05 / 28 / 2014

Visited this cafe just before leaving Berlin. Located right off the trainstop and inside the Veganz grocery store. Great variety of burritos, bagel sandwiches, ready made salads, pasta and desserts. Had a great pumpkin seed bagel with hummus and roasted veggies, avocado/mint/lemon smoothie and chocolate berry muffin. Also had a cookie and croissant with chocolate for the road. Limited seating indoors but plenty of outdoor seating. Also has soups and ice cream.

Pros: Friendly staff, Variety of options , Very close to trainstop
Nikki1801
Nikki1801

Small but good!

Posted on 04 / 21 / 2014

Just a small lunch-time cafe, this is a handy addition to the Veganz shop. Serving typical foods with nice cakes and drinks, we enjoyed spending time here watching the world go by out the big windows. Good coffee, limited seating!

Pros: good coffee and cake
Cons: limited seats indoors (if its cold)
vegetariangirl
vegetariangirl

great lunch spot

Posted on 04 / 14 / 2014

Love the tomatostange - a savoury pastry stick with tomato inside. Great cookies, bagels, juices etc. some indoor and outdoor seating.

JonJon
JonJon

Goodies for dummies!

Posted on 03 / 23 / 2014

Had a stop here in the afternoon and chose a hot chocolate and some pastries. Everything was perfect and really yummy. Besides, you can have a stop at Veganz or at a vegan shoes store, level 1 of the same building. A very cool vegan area!

Pros: excellent food, affordable, crazy hot chocolate, friendly staff, practical location
CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

Really good food

Posted on 12 / 29 / 2013

I had a tofu bagel, and a takeaway potatoes-greenbeans meal for €4.20, and avocado-chocolate-cashew creme for €3. Ice cream was not ready/available when I was there. Everything is very tasty.
(I didn’t realize there was a Goodies a bit farther up the street.)

Pros: good food

Dear Owner and Manager of Goodies Berlin - Veganz Warschauer Strasse 33: