CLOSED: Good To Go

Huntington Beach veggie restaurant. Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Has wi-fi. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by sheilabug
alexis a.
alexis a.

Great food but pricey for lunch...

3 Posted on 02 / 19 / 2011

We stopped for a Saturday lunch and were excited to see a creative menu of primarily raw and vegan fare. The terrific staff recommended delicious vegan "tuna" sushi and the veggie burger - both were very good. We added 2 smoothies for the road that were excellent. The total bill for 2 of us was $42.00 plus tip, making it a pricey lunch. Food alone would've scored 4 cows (as would the staff who were friendly and helpful), but the lunch price demoted Good to Go to 3 cows overall.

Pros: good food, convenient to 405 freeway, creative menu
Cons: pricey
MrsVeganPizza
MrsVeganPizza

Fresh Food Done Right

5 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2010

I got some sort of mock tuna sandwich that was made out of a raw sunflower pate. So so good and the whole thing from the bread to the veggies to the pate tasted very fresh and light. Also, the tuna was not overly garlicky like I have often times found raw food to be. I felt so light and healthy after my meal.

Pros: Very Fresh and Light
Mrs. Windy
Mrs. Windy

Well

3 Posted on 08 / 26 / 2009

I been to Good To Go a couple times and the food is excellent. My favorite is definitely the peanut butter pie. I just think its a little pricey. The pieces of pie were so small. I know that the healthier you want to eat the more you have to pay. I just wish there were a place to eat healthy and wont break you. Id eat there more often if I could afford it.

kristinlovesfood
kristinlovesfood

Fate brought me here!

4 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2009

I went into this place by chance. I just happened to be driving down to visit a friend, and I got lost on the way. As fate would have it, I ended up pulling into the parking lot of this gem of a place.

Small dining, the ambiance is nothing spectacular, but the food was amazing! I just ordered something to go real quick and was shocked by the size. Considering that it's all raw/vegan, I expected to pay a lot, and recieve very little. This was not the case. The price was reasonable, and the serving sizes are plentiful! It's a little far from my house, but I'll definitely be returning soon to try more of the food! Thank you Good To Go!

Pros: Bountiful serving sizes, Great food, Friendly service
Cons: Ambiance is nothing special
nightcap75
nightcap75
  • raw

Wonderful Food and Great Beginnings

5 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2009

I recently bought a juicer online and came across the term 'Living Food'. The idea intrigued me and I have been debating changing my food lifestyle and trying to obtain a more healthy self. In a quick internet search I came across 'Good to Go' and decided to give it a try.

I met Darlene working the cash register who is also one of the business partners. I explained to her that I was completely new into learning about living food and she was wonderful in sharing with me her insights about this dietary lifestyle. She gave me a complete run down of the menu, showed me various foods in the display case to give me examples of what the food looked like and suggested several things to try.

The food here was AMAZING. I had no idea eating healthy could still taste so good. I started my meal with the coconut curry cold soup. It contained coconut (milk or water not sure), curry, jalapeno, avocado, tomato, and I am sure some other ingredients. It was delightful and I wouldn't hesitate to buy this again. Then I had the 'sushi roll' which had cucumber, carrot, sprouts, and some delicious protein (nuts?) that I couldn't make out but it tasted like a tuna roll to me. It was so good!

To drink I tried a Kombucha 2000 Fermented tea. Darlene suggested pouring it in a glass and sipping it since it can be pretty overpowering if you take a big 'normal size' drink. I took her advice and I found I enjoyed the flavor of the Ginger and mushroom concoction to be delicious.

As several other reviewers commented this place definitely has its regular crowd and Darlene was an excellent hostess to the four patrons including me by offering a free sample of the chocolate and peanut butter pie that today had a macadamia and coconut crust. Darlene stated that they go through two whole pies a day. It was also delicious but at this point I more than had my fill and couldn't partake more than my free sample.

Something unique about this restaurant is they cater to businesses. Darlene mentioned this aspect of her company and I was more than happy to take a few menus back to the office for business lunch meal options in the future.

I am so appreciative to Darlene for taking the time to introduce me to her restaurant and healthy eating. I am excited to find new restaurants and become a regular of the good ones. So far the other restaurants have some competition on their hands.

Pros: Friendly Service, Nice Location, Lots of Choices
The Veggie Cook
The Veggie Cook

All right

3 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2009

Was in the neighborhood recently and dropped in for a quick bite. I was impressed with the varied range of food choices. Loved the fresh juices choices, and you can choose your own pizza toppings however you like. I had a wrap and it was all right.

Angelbeybe1
Angelbeybe1

Great Place To Eat

5 Posted on 02 / 10 / 2009

What a great experience I had. The food is sooooo fresh and they load the plates up! The Nacho can come either Raw or Regular chips and the cheese, well it's made from nuts - though you wouldn't know. They put Taco Meat - that is nuts too! The plate is so full, and my belly was so full, I had to take home the rest - which my daughter and son enjoyed later in the evening.

The service was excellent, even though it was very busy when I came to eat - attention was not spared. It seemed there were a lot of regulars in, as they knew each other and created a lively atmosphere.

If you are looking for great tasting, satifying and a healthy choice, this is the place to go. It can be hard to find, as it's in a shopping center with an anchor of 24 hour fitness, but sooo well worth it. The place is not large, but not too small and has such a bright and sunny feeling.

I give it an "amazing" rating and hope the open more around the OC area!G

Pros: Quality, Food, Cute
miss-mischief420
miss-mischief420

Great!!!

5 Posted on 02 / 05 / 2009

Wonderful food, great quality and quantity. Quick service. I did not like that there was no hummus options in the "Build Your Own..." I think there's a fine line between getting the word out on your place and being preachy. Having said that, I will definitely be a regular; this is a great place and I hope it grows to offer more. I wish they would just go organic and local, though...

Pros: Location, Service, Menu
Cons: Not by Freeway, Hours, Variety
laurasch
laurasch

Heavenly and healing food!!!!!

5 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2009

I just discovered the Good To Go restaurant three days ago and I decided to eat there a little bit every day because miracles happen to you after you eat their food. I am a yoga practitioner for 17 years and I am telling you that I have never found so spiritual and uplifting food over the USA in 5 years. To me, (and for everyone who does spiritual practice) food is #1 tool: it helps and cheers you up or puts you down, depends of the combinations of it and the way it is prepared. Right at this moment is 7:am and I slept just 2 hours and a half after dinning at the Good To Go restaurant last night because I really didn't need more sleep. I felt so much peace and unexpected happiness after I ate that it was just easy to stay awake and to use my extratime for my computer and for myself. What a grace!
In one hour I'll live for a full day job and look for some blessed breakfast at the restaurant. The food is made and served with a great attitude and this is the plus... I think I will reconsider the eating process.
Bunch of thanks to everyone there.
Laura

Pros: clean & healty food, peaceful inviroment, friendly staff

Scrumdiliumpcious

5 Posted on 10 / 07 / 2008

Daaaannnnnng! All you hip boys n' girlies out there gotta get on down to Good to Go yo! Their food is the shiz! I've tried a few things- a dragon wrap, a pizza, and their very berry smoothie...EVERYTHING I tried was THE BOMB... I actually felt really good after I ate...Their food keeps you energized for all the funky shiz you gotta do in yo' day..And Daaaannnng!!! The ladies that work there are SMOKING HOT VEG chicks! I mean Yo! There are some HOT-TIES up in that hizzouse! You guys gotta check it out...Good to Go is totally gettin' 5 cows and tons of business from RapStarBobby!
---Peace out my Veggie Brothers and Sisters!---

Pros: Good food, Fast, Hot ladies!
Cons: none

Energize the body

5 Posted on 10 / 07 / 2008

I have eaten here many times and love everything. I eat primarily a vegan raw diet and love that I can eat out and have great tasting food. The pizza with marinated mushrooms, red peppers and avocado is one of my favorites. The staff all know that I will order the choco/peanut butter pie while I am there. My newest favorite is the greens to go juice that leaves me feeling completely satisfied and healthy.
I took pizzas, salad and choco/peanut butter pie to a group of meat eaters who couldn't believe it was raw.

Pros: superior tasting, fast, friendly/informative staff
Cons: only location is in Huntington Beach
GoLightly
GoLightly

I'm addicted to their food

5 Posted on 10 / 03 / 2008

I have been vegetarian for over 20 years and have never tasted food this good. The soups are amazing. The Burger de Not is mind numbing that it's raw. I have pizza and Mango Pie as my all time favorites, but they keep adding new amazing dishes that keep me coming back and sending everyone I know.

Your body does love it!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, portions r great
Cons: need one closer to me
allmotorgurl
allmotorgurl

Wow

5 Posted on 09 / 26 / 2008

I didn't know RAW food could be soo good. I have been to this restaurant 2 times in the last week. I haev tried both the Burger de NOT & the Zuchinni "Pasta" (which is actually shreadded zuchinni. I loved both of them. I would recommend this place to anyone interested in trying raw/vegan food. The staff is helpfull & courteous as well as the service being realtively quick. Thank you for opening such an awesome place to eat...

Dare2Be
Dare2Be

Amazing finds at Good to Go!

5 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2008

I decided to try Good to Go the other day when I was in the neighborhood and found the restaurant to be super delicious!
I tried the burger-de-not and the chocolate mint smoothie, and I must say they do an amazing job at preparing the food quickly. The food tasted fantastic! I loved every bit of it, and felt full when I left. Chocolate peanutbutter pie is the next item on the menu for me to try. YUM YUM!!

Pros: exellent service, Amazing taste, great vibrations!

Good To Go

5 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2008

My family and I had the pleasure of visiting Good To Go on our recent vacation to southern California. None of us are vegetarians, though I try to eat healthfully most of the time. My 17 year old son informed the owner that he liked only two things: pizza and cheese burgers. He was skeptical about the whole ordeal and was sure he would have to swing by McDonald's on our way back to our hotel. He was actually full when we left and liked just about everything he tried. This is a huge testament to the quality of food at Good To Go! My husband and I loved everything we tried, too. The smoothies are superb, the pizza is fantastic, and my personal favorites are the butternut squash soup and the chocolate, peanut butter pie. Excellent!

Pros: Friendly atmosphere, Excellent food
wrbrown
wrbrown

Good to Go - Literally, no kidding!

5 Posted on 05 / 22 / 2008

I can't possibly say enough good things. The Energy in the place is totally relaxed, happy and pleasant. It makes you feel good and healthy simply walking in the door. The staff members are pleasant, helpful and quick to serve you. I've been there several times and I think I've tried everything on the menu. It was all Fantastic! I live in San Clemente but visit Huntington Beach a couple of time a week and plan to eat their every time. When you leave you will literally be "Good To Go" . Cows are not the only happy one here. You will be too. :-)

Pros: Pleasant Atmosphere, Friendly Staff, Excellent Food
Jessie702
Jessie702

Good to Go

5 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2008

The energy in restaurant is peaceful and vibrant. It is the perfect environment to relax and nourish your body. Nothing on the menu contains any refined sugar, so the super rich chocolate tart, mango tart, cookies, and yummy chocolate macaroons are GUILTLESS indulgences. The smoothies are made without any fillers (like sherbet, yogurt, or ice cream...ewww..) or ice, so your cup is filled completely with fruits, veggies and freshly homemade almond milk, fresh squeezed orange juice, or young Thai coconut water straight from the coconut. The food is so amazing because it's made with fresh ingredients and loving intentions. I have not tried anything on the menu that I did not like. The food is nutrient dense and delicious so you will leave satisfied, happy, and energized.

Pros: Healthy Cuisine, Friendly Staff, Excellent Food and Drinks
sheilabug
sheilabug
  • non-vegetarian

Good to Go is Great!!

5 Posted on 05 / 17 / 2008

A good friend told me about Good to Go Restaurants, and though my diet consists of typical American fare, as opposed to vegetarian or raw foods, I decided to check it out. Another friend and I went in for lunch and shared the green soup, a dragon wrap and a pizza. I was way more than pleasantly surprised by the food - it was absolutely delicious!! I seriously had no idea that raw food could taste this good! We ate every bite, and then tried dessert. Chocolate macaroons to die for, and parfaits with chocolate mousse, mango puree, and fresh berries - yum!

I have no plans to drastically change my diet at any point in the near future, HOWEVER, any time I get a chance to eat the food at this particular restaurant, I'll be there, no questions asked!!

Pros: Many delicious menu items, Truly friendly, helpful staff, Fabulous macaroons

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Good To Go: