Raw food cafe specializing in raw, vegan, and organic food with gluten-free and nut-free options. Previously at Leaphart Rd, West Columbia. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, All Raw, Organic, American, Fusion, Catering, Juice bar

First Review by RosemaryThompson
Scarletleaf
Scarletleaf

GREAT stop for Vegan Travelers!

5 Posted on 04 / 16 / 2014

It's very hard to find good, REAL vegan food on our travels throughout the south. Far too many places offer a freezer-burned soy burger and call it "dinner". So this place was just a healthy food palace in a sea of buttered and bacon-ed everything along our trip.

The staff is super-friendly, and the food was delicious. The portions are very generous, and both of us left very full and satisfied. A bit more expensive than a typical sandwich shop - but you're eating organic, well-prepared food. Definitely worth it.

If you're looking for a healthy dining option in Columbia, give them a try! Grab a box of kale chips on your way out, and try not to eat them all in one sitting!

Pros: Great Vegan Fare, Generous Portions, Friendly Staff
VEGvoyagers
VEGvoyagers

All in all it was good

4 Posted on 10 / 19 / 2013

We love raw food and were both raw for a while when transitioning into a vegan diet so we have tried a lot of raw dishes. We ordered the "wedge salad" which was supposed to be a wedge of butterleaf lettuce(my fav) however it was mixed greens(none of which were butter leaf) and the blue cheese dressing was bland for what it could have been, the eggplant strips were great that came on it, this dish was disappointing as it didnt come as described. we also orederd the "trio plate" as an app which was great, the pimentoless cheese was my favorite of the 3. We also ordered their burger special which was great in texture. The service was great.

Pros: use organic produce, pure, healthy
Cons: food didnt come as described , dining room wasnt very comfortable
Le
Le

Wonderful place!

5 Posted on 04 / 05 / 2013

Interesting menu, many options, super delicious and healthy! Service is absolutely perfect: very fast, friendly, enough attention for every detail, if you come just a couple of minutes before their closing time, you still will have a great dinner. For a raw food venue, their prices are rather cheap. I'm so greatful that they exist!!

Pros: fast and caring, good choise, good price

The Hungry Mom
The Hungry Mom

FAVE Restaurant

5 Posted on 12 / 23 / 2012

No offense, but to one of the diners clearly you haven't spoken with the owner that much. She always comes out to greet everyone and whenever she comes to my table and we speak, she is always SO knowledgable. Speaking with her, she once stated that she had 22 years of experience so from my point of view she has SO much experience. Also, not everything has nuts in it so you can always get something without nuts, not to mention that I feel absolutely wonderful after I eat there. I did the juice fast they offer and I HIGHLY recommend it, I lost 10 pounds! I've eaten raw food from CA and this wins by far every time. SO good! My husband and I had heard of this restaurant from Facebook and decided to give it a try. My husband is a complete meat and potatoes guy and I am a vegetarian. We tried the sample plate with popping pad thai, tasty tamale pie, and the terrific tacos (very popular). Also got the succulent spring rolls. Seriously everything we tried here was PHENOMENAL. My husband never really has the taste for anything healthy but when the plates came our mouths were already watering and when we ate it...absolutely exquisite. He said, by far, it was one of his favorite restaurants. I highly suggest what we got and we will definitely visit again. This really is a MUST try. Absolutely delicious. Can't wait to revisit!

Pros: excellent food , Lots of food, Friendly staff
truerawfood007
truerawfood007
  • raw

FATTENING JUNK FOOD "RAW"

2 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2012

If you're looking for HEALTHY raw food, this is not the place to eat. And it's way overpriced. Everything on the menu is either full or nuts or oils...or both. Lots of fat, vinegar, salt, agave and maple syrup. If you are truly vegan, beware of all the honey used.The owner talks a good "game" but if you're a true raw foodist it's not difficult to see she really doesn't know what she's talking about or doing...not sure where she/they received training...if any at all.

Cons: fattening, expensive, misleading
  • Le Le

Most of the dishes and sides are not heavy, but for some breakfast options and some deserts.

RawVeganLibby
RawVeganLibby

The food is absolutely delicious!

5 Posted on 12 / 14 / 2011

The food is absolutely delicious! I would eat every meal at Good Life Cafe if I could. Sharon is such a talented raw chef, it tastes so good you forget it's raw food and it's good for you! Try this place once and you will be hooked.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, friendly staff
HealthNut27
HealthNut27
  • raw

The Best Food You Will Ever Eat!!

5 Posted on 10 / 24 / 2011

Not only is this the BEST tasting food in the world, it's super healthy too! If more people knew that RAW, LIVE, VEGAN food tasted this good, then I think more would transition into a raw, live, vegan diet. If I could choose my last meal on Earth- it would be the sample plate from Good Life Cafe! The chef/owner is talented and passionate about not only providing the best food but also educating the surrounding community to the benefits of raw foods for health and longevity. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough, it is the BEST!

Pros: Fantastic menu, Best food ever!, Affordable

Dear Owner and Manager of Good Life Cafe: