Raw food cafe specializing in raw, vegan, and organic food with gluten-free and nut-free options. Previously at Leaphart Rd, West Columbia. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Catering, Fusion, All Raw
Now Open

Mon-Thu 7:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 7:00am-11:00pm, Sun 9:00am-8:00pm

First Review by RosemaryThompson
thereallunchgirl
thereallunchgirl

I wish it were where I live

Posted on 01 / 16 / 2016

Everything I ate here was so good!! It was my first gourmet raw experience. I asked if they made a cookbook, but alas, they did not. The flavors were so amazing that even people who think they are omnivores would enjoy it. I look forward to going back when I'm in the area.

Pros: Amazing Flavors, Friendly Staff, Great Atmosphere
Cons: Recipes Are Secret
nellie1273
nellie1273
  • raw

Wish I had tried this place sooner!

Posted on 11 / 17 / 2015

Was recommended to go here by so many people...so glad to finally get here and try it. The food is incredible and the staff are friendly. Great location centrally located in Columbia on Main Street. Seriously amazing, y'all! :)

HeatherSwindell
HeatherSwindell

Delicious and different

Posted on 08 / 01 / 2015

I have been to GLC three times. I have had the tacos and the queso (amazing), the BBQ burger (very savory and delicious, but no bun of any kind), and the burrito bowl (very good, but would be better if they used coconut-cilantro brown rice, rather than white rice, which is very heavy and starchy). The staff are friendly and the atmosphere is comfortable.

Pros: generous portions, friendly staff
Cons: on the pricey side

frecklesarein
frecklesarein

My go-to Columbia restaurant

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2015

This is literally the first restaurant I visit whenever I come to Columbia for work ... And I often get lunch to-go from here as well during my stay.

My favorite menu items are the lasagna and the the burger of the day -- they are HUGE in terms of serving size and very filling. The almond butter bacon sandwich and the eggplant bacon wrap are also very good if you want something hand-held. If you can't decide what to pick, you can do the sample plate that includes small servings of three entrees and three sides. It was too much for me to eat in one sitting, but I got lunch the next day out of it too!

Their smoothies and desserts are substantial and definitely worth trying. However, I'm only giving them 4 stars because most of their smoothies contain bananas, and the past three times I've visited (months apart) they were out of them!! They seriously need to stock up. Otherwise, this is my go-to spot in Columbia. Check it out!

Pros: Large portions, Wide variety of menu options, Not too oily or salty (unlike some other raw resta
Cons: A bit expensive, They often run out of menu items/ingredients
jennharmon191
jennharmon191

Pretty Great Place!

Posted on 03 / 05 / 2015

I have been a good few time to Good Life now. My first time was actually not the best, as I think me and my fiancé ordered items we just didn't care for at the same time by accident. I say that because every time we have been back since has been amazing! The first time I got the Eggplant Bacon Wrap, which while had good reviews, did not do much for me. My fiancé got the Mushroom Nori Wrap and I thought it smelled odd and could not pallet it. Since then though, we have gotten the tacos, which are OUT OF THIS WORLD! We have also gotten the stuffed Portobello, queso, and many of their sides. It is great! I am strict vegan but not raw vegan, this is a fun place to go for a change of pace and a unique take on delicious food.

Mickey Winfree
Mickey Winfree

swanky digs, great service, groovy music

Posted on 02 / 10 / 2015

Staff warm and inviting. Kat was welcoming and engaging. Great menu with off list specials. Will definitely return

MarcBoo
MarcBoo

no sugar vegan

Posted on 01 / 28 / 2015

wONDERFUL STAFF AND FRESH FOOD. SO DISAPPOINTED THAT THEY DONT CARRY SUGAR..?? JUST SIMPLE SUGAR.... :(

Pros: LOCATION, SERVICE, OUTDOOR SEATING
Cons: PRICE, NOT HAVING SUGAR, MENU CHOICE
Birkey
Birkey

Great Raw!

Posted on 09 / 19 / 2014

Flew into the Columbia airport on a business trip to Augusta and made a detour to eat at the Good Life Cafe. We ate there last year and loved it....but the location close to the airport was closed. We like it so much that we made the trek downtown to the new and improved city center location. The new location is more up-scale and has a liquor license. We both had a sampler and...just like last year...the food was fantastic and we left stuffed. I wish they would move to Northern VA.

Pros: Amazing food, Liquor license, up-scale decor
Scarletleaf
Scarletleaf

GREAT stop for Vegan Travelers!

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2014

It's very hard to find good, REAL vegan food on our travels throughout the south. Far too many places offer a freezer-burned soy burger and call it "dinner". So this place was just a healthy food palace in a sea of buttered and bacon-ed everything along our trip.

The staff is super-friendly, and the food was delicious. The portions are very generous, and both of us left very full and satisfied. A bit more expensive than a typical sandwich shop - but you're eating organic, well-prepared food. Definitely worth it.

If you're looking for a healthy dining option in Columbia, give them a try! Grab a box of kale chips on your way out, and try not to eat them all in one sitting!

Pros: Great Vegan Fare, Generous Portions, Friendly Staff
VEGvoyagers
VEGvoyagers

All in all it was good

Posted on 10 / 19 / 2013

We love raw food and were both raw for a while when transitioning into a vegan diet so we have tried a lot of raw dishes. We ordered the "wedge salad" which was supposed to be a wedge of butterleaf lettuce(my fav) however it was mixed greens(none of which were butter leaf) and the blue cheese dressing was bland for what it could have been, the eggplant strips were great that came on it, this dish was disappointing as it didnt come as described. we also orederd the "trio plate" as an app which was great, the pimentoless cheese was my favorite of the 3. We also ordered their burger special which was great in texture. The service was great.

Pros: use organic produce, pure, healthy
Cons: food didnt come as described , dining room wasnt very comfortable

Wonderful place!

Posted on 04 / 05 / 2013

Interesting menu, many options, super delicious and healthy! Service is absolutely perfect: very fast, friendly, enough attention for every detail, if you come just a couple of minutes before their closing time, you still will have a great dinner. For a raw food venue, their prices are rather cheap. I'm so greatful that they exist!!

Pros: fast and caring, good choise, good price
Guest
Guest

FAVE Restaurant

Posted on 12 / 23 / 2012

No offense, but to one of the diners clearly you haven't spoken with the owner that much. She always comes out to greet everyone and whenever she comes to my table and we speak, she is always SO knowledgable. Speaking with her, she once stated that she had 22 years of experience so from my point of view she has SO much experience. Also, not everything has nuts in it so you can always get something without nuts, not to mention that I feel absolutely wonderful after I eat there. I did the juice fast they offer and I HIGHLY recommend it, I lost 10 pounds! I've eaten raw food from CA and this wins by far every time. SO good! My husband and I had heard of this restaurant from Facebook and decided to give it a try. My husband is a complete meat and potatoes guy and I am a vegetarian. We tried the sample plate with popping pad thai, tasty tamale pie, and the terrific tacos (very popular). Also got the succulent spring rolls. Seriously everything we tried here was PHENOMENAL. My husband never really has the taste for anything healthy but when the plates came our mouths were already watering and when we ate it...absolutely exquisite. He said, by far, it was one of his favorite restaurants. I highly suggest what we got and we will definitely visit again. This really is a MUST try. Absolutely delicious. Can't wait to revisit!

Pros: excellent food , Lots of food, Friendly staff
truerawfood007
truerawfood007
  • raw

FATTENING JUNK FOOD "RAW"

Posted on 07 / 16 / 2012

If you're looking for HEALTHY raw food, this is not the place to eat. And it's way overpriced. Everything on the menu is either full or nuts or oils...or both. Lots of fat, vinegar, salt, agave and maple syrup. If you are truly vegan, beware of all the honey used.The owner talks a good "game" but if you're a true raw foodist it's not difficult to see she really doesn't know what she's talking about or doing...not sure where she/they received training...if any at all.

Cons: fattening, expensive, misleading
  • Le
    Le

Most of the dishes and sides are not heavy, but for some breakfast options and some deserts.

RawVeganLibby
RawVeganLibby

The food is absolutely delicious!

Posted on 12 / 14 / 2011

The food is absolutely delicious! I would eat every meal at Good Life Cafe if I could. Sharon is such a talented raw chef, it tastes so good you forget it's raw food and it's good for you! Try this place once and you will be hooked.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, friendly staff
HealthNut27
HealthNut27
  • raw

The Best Food You Will Ever Eat!!

Posted on 10 / 24 / 2011

Not only is this the BEST tasting food in the world, it's super healthy too! If more people knew that RAW, LIVE, VEGAN food tasted this good, then I think more would transition into a raw, live, vegan diet. If I could choose my last meal on Earth- it would be the sample plate from Good Life Cafe! The chef/owner is talented and passionate about not only providing the best food but also educating the surrounding community to the benefits of raw foods for health and longevity. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough, it is the BEST!

Pros: Fantastic menu, Best food ever!, Affordable
RosemaryThompson
RosemaryThompson

Amazing raw vegan food

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2011

The owner is a genius with raw foods. Everything I've had there has been really delicious! Check it out!

Dear Owner and Manager of Good Life Cafe: