Serves meat, veg options available. Offers lots of choices for vegans including tofu sandwiches and baked goods. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Take-out, Non-veg
2186 Windsor St (Neighbourhoods North End, West End)
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3K 5B8
902-422-3150

Mon-Tue 7:00am-6:00pm, Wed-Fri 7:00am-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-2:00pm

First Review by QuothTheRaven
QuothTheRaven
QuothTheRaven

The Not So Good Food Emporium

1 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2013

From the second I walked in, I felt uneasy. Being someone who had never been to the place before I wasn't exactly sure how things were run. My husband noticed a sign that said you ordered at the cash. The menu is fairly scarce (even for omnivores). It's more of a lite fair which I wasn't aware of, basically sandwiches, soups and some baked goods. Which is great for lunch hour but a little weird at supper time. They do have a couple things marked on the menu as "vegan" but it's a little sketchy, best to ask. My husband and I both ordered the tofu sandwich (we both had in mind it was going to be a grilled tofu sandwich, we were wrong). After paying we sat down, when the girl came over a few minutes later and informed us they only had enough tofu for one sandwich so they can either do half hummus or avocado and tofu on both sandwiches or one tofu and one of the other. I am not fond of hummus and avocado only in small doses. My husband said he would have hummus then. The sandwiches arrived and my husbands was just a thick slab of hummus with a piece of lettuce. Mine being the tofu was more of a tofu salad and I was not fond of the spices. Very Mexican oriented and that's not my thing. This is definitely not a place I recommend and I won't be returning. The plus side is, I do really like the decor in the restaurant.

Pros: Some vegan options, Nice decor
Cons: Not good , Poor service

Dear Owner and Manager of Good Food Emporium: