Good Earth Organic Eatery

Serves meat, veg options available. All veg except for fish, established summer 2012 by an Italian-born owner and chef. Vegan suitable menu items include the daily macrobiotic mixed plate that includes a whole grain dish, cooked veggies, beans, and salad; vegan pasta and risotto; sandwiches; salads and soups. Drinks include fresh-squeezed juices, wheatgrass juice, iced and hot teas, house-made almond milk, and barley coffee. Has gluten-free, house-made bread (without dairy, sugar, or eggs). Shares space with an ice cream parlor that offers a few vegan choices. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Macrobiotic, American, Italian, Juice bar, BYOB, Non-veg

First Review by CarlyQ
Heyboova
Heyboova

amazing food

4 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2014

Everyone's food was fantastic. The pesto was delicious. I sampled the hummus, veggie plate, soup and salad and all was excellent. I would say to make sure you give yourself a pod amount of time, especially with a large group because it looked like all the food was made fresh to order.

Everything on the menu was vegan, except for the fish dishes, which was a little disappointing because without the fish it would be an easy 5 stars

ssavia
ssavia

Exceptional!

4 Posted on 10 / 21 / 2013

You MUST eat at this cafe! A lovely, intimate family owned restaurant, featuring vegan and macrobiotic dishes, affordable prices. I ate there both nights visiting Cape May. The Italian chef creates fresh and innovative vegan dishes. The veggie plate offers excellent daily soup, tasty salad, a unique rice dish, delectable bean dish, and softly sauteed greens. All incredibly delicious and healthy, offering complex flavors and textures, beautifully prepared and presented. Finished with the chocolate pudding (made with rice), it was sublime, too. Fresh bread made with ancient sourdough culture, with the most tasty olive oil (they make their own in Italy). Loose herbal teas. Our hosts and server were personable and so friendly. I felt like I was dining in Europe and was so very happy and satiated when finished eating... but it was so delicious, I wanted to start all over again. There are seafood dishes available for your non-vegan dates. If they were in my home town, I would eat there every night.

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Value, Nice Vibe
  • dgross dgross

I second your review! My wife and I had a delicious lunch and enjoyed talking with Tony, the waiter. We chose the vegetable plate special of the day. Everything was fresh and delicious. The location is in West Cape May which is an interesting place away from the busy, more touristy main beach area.

luckydog55555
luckydog55555

Creative offerings for vegans and vegetarians

4 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2013

This small restaurant offers a wonderful selection of vegan and vegetarian meals. The chef is from Italy and spices dishes in a unique and flavorful manner using fresh herbs. The location is modest, but don't let that fool you. The food is excellent. They also have fish dishes if you are joined by a nonvegetarian. I would recommend making reservations since there are very few tables. The location is shared by a homemade ice cream shop that offers several vegan flavors.

Pros: original meals made to order, use of fresh herbs and seasoning, pleasant staff
Cons: No credit cards accepted, BYOB (which can also be a pro!)

dukefett
dukefett
  • non-vegetarian

Amazing food!

4 Posted on 03 / 30 / 2013

We ate here for dinner one night and then lunch the next and the food is amazing. As it is described, it is vegan with fresh fish; we ate all vegan and it was just delicious. The gnocchi with the vegan sauce was great; I had the mixed veggie's of the day and the risotto was sooooo good.
You have to order the bruschetta for an appetizer. 4 different spreads on fresh bread, the garlic and the lima bean hummus were my favorite.
For lunch the next day we had a lima bean hummus sandwich and sunflower seed pesto pasta, both were amazing.
We are definitely planning to come back here every time we are in the area.

The max rating for non-veg restaurants is 4 cows, I think that's ridiculous. This is way better than pretty much every vegan restaurant I've eaten at.

Pros: Delicious, Original meals, Homemade
nancyisorganic
nancyisorganic

Great little cafe

4 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2012

We found this cafe on Happy Cow and are happy to write them a nice review! It was exciting to see another option for us in Cape May. My husband and I both had their nut spread sandwich on homemade bread for lunch. They grated fresh carrots on to it and sliced up the bread right there. And it came with a salad which was so fresh and tasty. We felt like we were in someone's home kitchen and they were making everything from scratch right before our eyes, very cool ! We also got to sample some of the vegan ice cream they sell from Bliss Ice Cream. So yummy!

Pros: delicious food, cute cafe, very healthy
Cons: locaton is a bit hidden, more like more vegan options
robertm192001
robertm192001

Super Super Restaurant - Kind People

4 Posted on 06 / 12 / 2012

We ate there twice for lunch and and twice for dinner, All organic and so fresh and tasty. They split the main dinners. They accommodate anything in any way. Large portions , enough to split.Great fish, grains,rissotto, vegies,daily homemade bread, and fantastic homemade olive oil from Italy where they just came from. Also a super homemade ice cream bar with great vegan ice cream. Cape May is very lucky to have this restaurant.Thanks and best of luck Bob and Deb

Pros: organic, fresh, unique
CarlyQ
CarlyQ

A little pricey but great!

3 Posted on 06 / 10 / 2012

A great place in cape may! Went with my boyfriend for dinner and we had such a great meal. I got the vegetarian plate, which was vegan, and he got fish. He said the fish was fantastic. The vegetarian plate was incredible! It was a lot of food, it came with soup and a salad and steamed greens and a risotto, and black beans. Luckily I was starving haha. It was all delicious and really fresh. I think it would be neat if she maybe individually priced the items on the vegetarian plate so if you were less hungry you could just get a couple of the things and then price it as a whole meal also. We got vegan mint chocolate chip icecream for dessert and it was also phenomenal. Like I said a little bit pricey, mine was 17 and my boyfriends was 19 but it was a nice night out...and my grandmom has given us cash to go get dinner haha.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great fresh food , All organic
Cons: Pricey, Staff was a little awkward but really sweet!

Dear Owner and Manager of Good Earth Organic Eatery: