Goldie's Flavours of India

Serves meat, veg options available. Indian food. Centrally located and offers an la carte menu as well as inexpensive buffet with several vegetarian dishes. Owners are always on site and are sensitive to dietary restrictions. Will advise which dishes are vegan, gluten free, etc. New location since summer 09. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Take-out, Non-veg

trufflepiggy
trufflepiggy

decent northern indian food

Posted on 08 / 19 / 2013

we showed up famished. vegan options aren't marked on the menu - I had to ask, and the two I spoke with seemed a bit foggy on 'vegan'. I ordered aloo palak (potatoes & spinach), which came with an extremely generous portion of peas pulao. it was tasty & filling, but very oily; I felt stuffed for hours afterward. Worth a try for indian food, but if, like me, you're used to healthier prepared food, Goldie's will seem rich, caloric, and fattening. My boyfriend is Type 1 Diabetic; he skipped breakfast the next morning because his blood sugar was still high from the previous night's meal.

Pros: lots of veggie options, great view of kamloops , Very nice staff
Cons: really oily, staff not well-versed in veganism
Al-Cajon
Al-Cajon

Delicious

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2012

I was having dinner with some friends in this restaurant. Staff was very nice. Out of the vegetarian assortment 5 dishes are vegan (dont know about the samosa or soups).
I ordered spicy potatoes with cauliflower (forgot the indian name). It was really delicious, even though it could have been cheaper (was 14.50$ with taxes). However, you can get a nice view of Kamloops.

-1 cow, since it's not a veg. restaurant and -1 for the price= 3 moohs

Pros: taste, staff
Cons: price

Dear Owner and Manager of Goldie's Flavours of India: