This vegetarian cafe is part of the Innate Healing Arts and Ecological Center. Serves a concise light food menu. Re-opened Sept 2012. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Juice bar
18700 Woodward Ave (south of Seven Mile Rd)
Detroit, Michigan 48203
313-366-2247

Mon-Sat 11:00am-7:00pm

First Review by T4me
T4me
T4me

Golden Gate Cafe

3 Posted on 03 / 20 / 2011

This cafe is in a good location right off woodward on a little side street, visable from the road. My first experience with the cafe was about 3 years ago. It's very casual and local in that you feel you are going in and sitting in someones front room. (When asked for water, I was told to go ahead around the sink, grab a glass from the shelf and help myself) It was a very calm and welcoming environment. At the time there was a chiropractor and masseuse working out of the building as well. The food was reasonably priced and very good. I had been there at least 5 times until last year. At that time, the cafe was not as clean, there were flies around and I could see the cook was not using "sanitary procedures". A friend of mine also went within a few months of my visit and although she was a regular customer, she stated she would not be returning after her last experience. That was almost a year ago so it's probably worth a try if you haven't been before but just take an extra close look at the cleanliness and sanitary conditions in which your food is being made.

Dear Owner and Manager of Golden Gate Cafe: