Goji Kitchen

Serves meat, veg options available. Serves a variety of cuisines with some vegan options. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, International, Chinese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Vietnamese, Korean,Non-veg

First Review by fletchea
brinnet
brinnet

Great for everyone!

4 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2014

I've brought multiple groups of guests to Goji because they have a great variety to serve most everyone.

My favorite vegan dish is the tofu lemongrass bun (soft noodles) -- be sure to ask for your tofu to be steamed instead of fried, because they fry meat on the same grill. I also love the woodear mushroom dumplings (I forget their actual name, but it's an interesting vegan appetizer). The pho, of course, is also a good vegan option.

This place can get crowded --I usually prefer to go for lunch, but I recommend reservations. Sometimes there's still a short wait. Still, the staff is pleasant, despite being busy. I find the knowledge of veganism to be hit or miss, so just explain to be on the safe side...although the menu is pretty clearly labeled.

Bottom line: I recommend it!

Pros: great food, vegan-friendly, across the street from vegan-friendly market!
Cons: a little pricey, can be busy, knowledge of staff is hit or miss
daveoz
daveoz

Great Food, Lots of Selections

4 Posted on 06 / 14 / 2013

We are always looking for Asian restaurants that use organic ingredients and are tuned into the requirements of Vegans. Although not totally organic they do use some organic produce and they have some totally vegan and gluten-free items. We go there about once a month with my wife's parents and sister and have never been disappointed.

shsmile23
shsmile23

Just so-so

2 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2013

Not overly impressed...there were vegan options but the servers were not overly concerned with insuring you recieved what you asked for. I ordered the tofu pot which was ok but also ordered the veggie fried rice and despite informing the server that I wanted to make sure everything I order was vegan, the rice was served with egg in it...the description on the menu did not include egg. The sauces on the table were not labled and the soy sauce closely resembled the fish sauce..wouldn't have known the difference without asking. Also, the portions were outragous...we were just visiting the area and were unable to take leftovers home...what could have fed at least 4 more people had to be thrown out.

Pros: vegan options
Cons: wasteful portions, careless servers
fletchea
fletchea

Goji Absolutely Rocks.

4 Posted on 09 / 12 / 2012

Amazing food with no dairy contamination problems- my guy has serious sensitivity and he's never gotten sick here. The specials braised eggplant and crispy tofu are fabulous. Love the tofu clay pot. all around spectacular and one of my favorite eateries.

Pros: Tasty, Great atmosphere, Very easy to substitute- flexible
Cons: Can be pricey?, Only one location, Busy on a weekend night

Dear Owner and Manager of Goji Kitchen: