Serves meat, veg options available. Cozy little Ethiopian restaurant in the Latin Quarter. Offers a separate vegetarian menu, although it seems to list fish under that menu. Puts butter in most of their vegetarian dishes. Has a traditional vegetarian/vegan platter for four, with extra injera bread. Also has good inexpensive Ethiopian beer. Seems to get quite crowded around 9pm. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Beer/Wine, Ethiopian, Non-veg

First Review by vegetalien
vegetalien
vegetalien

Delicious!

4 Posted on 05 / 01 / 2011

We went to Godjo a few weeks ago, and will be going back this week. We got a vegetarian platter which was entirely vegan,* and which was absolutely fantastic. I began to think a while back that I wouldn't be able to find vegetarian Ethiopian food that rivaled my favorite Ethiopian restaurant back in the states (which was entirely vegan), but Godjo comes quite close. You get a large amount of food, all of which is extremely flavorful, and they give you more than enough bread to eat it with. They also have great spiced tea. I did notice that they list "poisson" under the vegetarian menu, so I just asked the waiter for the vegetarian platter "sans poisson," and he seemed just fine with that. It gets quite cramped, especially if you get seated in their (very cozy) basement, but I think that makes it quite fun. It was quite full when we went on a Thursday night (I think we arrived at 7 or 7:30--early by French standards), and was *very* full when we left around 9pm, so reservations might be a good idea. They do serve alcohol. The waitstaff was very friendly and helpful (they seemed to speak some English).

It's reasonably priced (perhaps 15-20 euros per person, plus drinks), given the quality and quantity of the food.

*I recently found out that they put butter in nearly everything. Too bad.

Updated from previous review on Monday June 28, 2010

Pros: Wonderful food, Friendly, Cute
Cons: Fish listed as vegetarian, Not much vegan food

Dear Owner and Manager of Godjo: