Goanna Bakery and Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Has vegetarian and vegan food items and desserts. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Bakery, Western, Non-veg

First Review by Henley
lilithbytes
lilithbytes

Lovely Lizards

4 Posted on 01 / 20 / 2012

Mostly vegetarian, but serves some fish. There are vegan pies (2) and many vegetarian pies, good salads, good choice. I would like there to be more vegan options, but it serves the dairy and egg as well.

Would definitely go back.

Pros: Tasty food, Nice atmosphere
Chrissi
Chrissi

Good Food

3 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2011

I took my vegetarian daughter here for lunch during the holidays as I have gone in there for coffee, but never eaten. Their vego pies are flavoursome, and the salads are gorgeous. The coffee is fine, and according my daughter the fruit smoothie (made from rice milk - the first place I have come across that offers such) was lovely. However I didn't consider it a cheap meal. I think $12 for a pie and some salad is over the top, and $5 for the smoothie was an insult, considering it came in a latte glass. However Lismore has so few vegetarian options, it can get away with it - unfortunately.

Henley
Henley

Mostly Good

4 Posted on 01 / 08 / 2011

If you dine in, expect to give way to Take-Out customers, as explained by the manager. Not off to a good start there. Also not sure about Happy Cow's "inexpensive" rating, as it's not that!

However, a very nice selection of Vego/Vegan menu items, including pies (locally made) and salads. The place is listed as Veg-Friendly by HappyCow, but really it's the other way around, as most of the items are Vego, and they cater to non Vegos with a couple of token meat items.

They display local artists' work on the walls, which are available for purchase.

The coffee is average, but then we've been spoilt by having coffee made for us by Miss Kate (another story).

They open early, so it's a good option for breakfast.

Pros: Open early, Range of breads, Nice veg menu
Cons: Manager attitude to sit down customers, No aircon

Dear Owner and Manager of Goanna Bakery and Cafe: