CLOSED: Go Veggie

Cafeteria style vegetarian cafe with hot food and salad bar, sandwiches menu, and soups. Casual and small with counter service. Food is served in disposable ware. Next door to Marina Farms store. Reported to HappyCow to have re-opened April 2013. SEP 2014 REPORTED SHUT DOWN, PHONE NOT WORKING. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Asian, Salad bar, Juice bar, Buffet, Take-out
5462 S Centinela Blvd (Jefferson Blvd)
Los Angeles, California 90066
310-437-0816

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Chia
Chia
Chia

Fast and easy

4 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow and stopped in for lunch recently. Here's my Go Veggie review.

The place is no frills basic, and small. There's the hot food and salad bar ($5.99/pound) with 2 hot soups (small one for $2.99). I helped myself to a selection of foods from the bar that seemed interesting (marinated tofu, Asian style eggplant with cured black beans, cold steam cooked brussel sprouts, cold pickeled cucumber with soy sauce, spicy noodle, and another kind of noodle. Each dish was flavorful, though a bit greasy and a few things were too salty for my liking.

From the menu on the wall behind the counter, I ordered the "bibimbap" which was supposed to be a Korean dish. The bowl consisted saucey seitan slices and a yellow curry dish placed over a bed of brown rice. Tasty, salty, but nothing like a bibimbap. $6.

I also got a fresh pressed juice, and that was nice (juice range $4.50-5.50).

Good for a basic, pure veg bite when in the area. Nothing fancy.

Pros: all veg, fresh juice bar, quick & easy

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Go Veggie: