CLOSED: Go Healthy Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Salads, burritos, toasted sandwiches, kids menu. All dressing are gluten free and vegan. Has free Wifi. Shares a location with with My Coffee. Reported closed Dec 2013. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

Posted on 01 / 11 / 2014

Closed business this month

kindlizard
kindlizard

A very nice quick and light lunch

Posted on 05 / 27 / 2010

I was shocked to see this place full, with a line, parking maxed as well. I didn't realize it had become a hot spot.

A very nice woman helped me; she came from around the corner bc an old woman and her companion were taking forever. She allowed be to get the Lime Burrito as a bowl and since I asked for something else to be held she offered me more avocado. The avocado was great. The arugula was fresh and strong. A lot of places don't offer fresh or healthy looking greens, it is a huge bonus to get fresh greens. The sauce was very good. The portion was appropriate, I wasn't hungry nor bogged down. I felt full without being punched in the gut. It is very nice. I also heard Blue Sky come on as I was leaving.

I would suggest it for a quick and inexpensive (mine was $5ish) lunch!

Pros: light yet filling, cost, helpful staff
Runningforlife
Runningforlife

Finally a healthy choice on west 11th

Posted on 11 / 01 / 2009

So I finally tried out this place a couple of weeks ago, after driving by it now for sometime. I just got tired of all of the same old nasty fast food on west 11th.

At first it was a little hard to figure out where to order, because it is a coffee shop and a cafe both in the same place. But after finding the menu I was really surprise to see all the healthy options. They make all of their own sauce / dressing and they are all vegan and gluten free! That was really big for me being celiac. It is really hard to find a place that has gluten free options.

Their prices are really reasonable for the quality of food and have some organic ingredients. I think every is under $7! And the serving size a really big for the price.

The first time I stop by I just got a salad.. I think it was called "California surfer" It was really fresh tasting and it was served with a lime sauce that is really strong but I really liked it. The salad had lettuce, black beans, cheese, pico de gall and avocado.

Now what I am really happy about, is they just started selling gluten free sandwiches.. OMG I can't remember the last time I walked into a restaurant and order a sandwich. it was SO GOOD!

Pros: Gluten Free Options, Excellent Food, Good Value
Cons: Far out West 11th

koiotic
koiotic

Pretty Good - Keeps Improving

Posted on 10 / 09 / 2009

I was very happy to see a "Healthy" Alternative on West 11th - I work down the street, and there is really nothing in this area I can get good quick to go food when I do not have time to prepare lunch.

They are trying really hard to be Vegetarian and Vegan friendly. It takes some time to figure out the menu, as you can make TONS of substitutions at no extra charge.

Almost all of the sauces and dressings are Vegan and Wheat free, and they use a lot of organic foods. I believe they make all of their own sauces, salsas, etc.

I am a "Burrito" fan - so that is what I usually get - I have tried the Veggie Burrito - it was a little strange, as it is sauteed veggies - and you can substitute any of the sauces on any of the dishes with MANY to choose from. It wasn't bad - it just was not that great...So I tried another Burrito - Grilled Chicken - Which you can substitute The Chicken with Organic Tofu or Tempeh...I tried the Tempeh and substituted Cheese with Avocado...it was good - So I tried "Kicking it Lime Style" Which is one of there "Vegan" Burritos - It was inedible....I was so disappointed...I threw it away -

I finally decided today to give them another chance - I ordered the Deluxe Burrito - Substituted - The Pinto beans, Romaine Lettuce, Cheese and Sour Cream W/Black Beans, Mixed Greens, Avocado and Olives - They were very nice, had it ready quickly - and it was good. Not my favorite - but when I am in a bind, at least I can have a decent meal.

They also carry a 3 different Vegan Cookies - The Vegan Cranberry Walnut is really good - It is a meal in itself....Not "Healthy Food" by ANY means - but nice to feed that sweet tooth now and again....

The staff is ALWAYS really nice - and it is "cool" place - Clean - and a great location for me. They have outdoor seating, and they are right on the bikepath - so I can even walk from work....It is great that they are trying really hard to make good healthy food, and to serve a side of town that is lacking in decent food.

My complaint though - If the food was smothered in cheese and sour cream, maybe it would be more edible - but when it is vegan - the ingredients have to be really good. I have not been that impressed with any of my vegan choices. I know I am really picky though - and there are ALOT of substituions you can try - so I will continue to try different combinations.....

Pros: Vegan Menu, No Charge Substitutions, Organic
Cons: Sometimes Inedible, Bland, Hard to figure out menu

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Go Healthy Cafe: