Gluck to Go

Veggie burger and fries restaurant. Offers different burgers flavors daily with fillings including date chutney, beet root, spinach, vinegar onions or mushy sweet potatoes, served with vegan cheese and soy mayonnaise. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out
Friesenstrasse 26
Berlin, Germany 10965
49-1573-4085636

Open Mon-Fri 10am-8pm, Sat-Sun 12-8pm.

• Wheelchair accessible
  • Cash only

First Review by azur
kermieberlin
kermieberlin

Favorite Veggie Burgers

4 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2014

I went there about 6/7 times by now since its only 5 minutes from my apartment. They have different Veggie Burgers and specials too (they change the menu on a weekly basis). Tried I think 3 different ones and really liked all of them. But I do agree with previous reviewers it is definitely a bit expensive. I really love the "Red Hot Chili Chick", its jummy and filling but around 5 Euros. The Flying Fries are good too and like the Ayurveda spices and homemade mayonnaise ( i think they use mustard and something else, some sort of berry). Few chairs outside too.

wribln
wribln

Mixed feelings

3 Posted on 03 / 02 / 2014

First of all: I am happy that this place exists and the food really tastes good. But: there are some things which prevent me to give a full thumbs up rating.
- when we came 30 minutes before closing time, we were told that the place closes soon and we need to hurry up. Hey, guys, this is a fast food place! And I really like the feeling of being welcome.
- others came 15 minutes later and were told that they can only have it as take away.
- the burgers were somewhat juicy and kept dripping on the plate. This is OK but please provide more napkins, possibly wet ones?
- we would feel more comfortable if you would use gloves when preparing food
- the mayonnaise and ketchup portions should be more generous
We tried two different burgers and the chips, everything was good. Before we come back, we will try out other places.

Pros: healthy fast food, clean, tasty
Cons: attitude be more customer oriented
chrdold
chrdold

finally french fries again

5 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2013

I love them but didn´t eat them in the past months because I really think it´s unhealthy if cheap oil is used. I really enjoyed them and I am happy to even pay more than what is usual in the neighbourhood. If I remember it well it´s all organic.

Pros: healthy fastfood, organic
wildfang
wildfang

Unique Berlin experience for fast food lovers

3 Posted on 08 / 24 / 2013

Yet another veggie fast food place, one might think, and yes, that's what it is - but there's more to this place, if you dare take a closer look.
Their chips ("Flying Fries") a prepared with an Indian mix of spices you won't find anywhere else in Berlin and really taste special. There is a small selection of burgers out of which at least two can be prepared vegan. The one I tried (also something with Indian spices) was absolutely delicious, the bun was not as soft and sweet as the general limp and bland burger bun you would get anywhere else. It was all very tasty and somehow not so much fast food after all.
The staff was very helpful and friendly as well.

The downside is that the prices are not close to what I would call cheap in Berlin. A relatively small portion of chips with a tiny bit of homemade vegan mayonnaise (way too small for an extra 30 cents...) and a relatively small burger cost more than seven euros alltogether. I guess they're making you pay for the hip location there.. I'd love to see them go down with their prices a bit. Other than that I totally recommend this place for a quick vegan snack.

Just one more thing: I have repeatedly seen the staff of this place standing outside smoking a cigarette which kept me from going in there several times as it doesn't make a good impression at all and I don't want to be served by someone who has just smoked a cigarette. Maybe they could reconsider their smoking habits and do it after working hours...

Pros: Special taste experience, Friendly staff
Cons: Small portions, No toilets, Staff smoking by the door
azur
azur

Limited but excellent menu

5 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2013

"Glück" is a recently opened vegetarian burger and fries place in the Bergmannstraße hood in Kreuzberg 61. I've been there about four times now. The food was great every time.

The burgers are rather unususal - they do not have standard faux meat burgers (like a chicken burger, a cheese burger etc.), but special vegetable patties in whole wheat buns, served with specially made sauces. One of their burgers features beets and a sweet mango or date chutney, I love that one - forgot the name though. Another one was based on sweet potatoes, and I also think I remember a "Provence styled" one - you get the idea. The big pro of course is that you don't only get an interesting new taste, but I'm also sure their burgers are much more healthy than usual fast food fare.

The healthy style of their burgers reminds me of the Sun Day Burger at Markthalle Eisenbahnstraße, but I think Glück's burgers are even better. Mainly because the patties have a more interesting taste than just tofu.

Their fries are standard frozen organic fries (I think) which are seasoned in an oriential style (a little bit like marsala). Nothing out of this world, but pretty good nonetheless.

For drinks, Glück has beer as well as soft drinks, and also a selection of homemade juice/lemonade combinations. I think I only ever had the one based on rose water, which was good, but maybe a little too expensive given its ingredients. Sadly, they do not have smoothies, which I would love.

Staff are very friendly. Place is small but nice. No restroom though. They also have outdoor seating. You can order your food to go. All in all, highly recommended.

Updated from previous review on Thursday July 11, 2013

Pros: Healthy food, Fresh flavors, not your usual fast food, Nice and friendly place and staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Gluck to Go: