Serves meat, veg options available. Few locations in Reykjavik. Quick service cafe with a few locations in Iceland. Each day has a rotating option menu with raw, vegan, vegetarian, and a chicken dish. Has raw as well vegan sweets. Choose your items, pay at the counter, then find a seat. Note: entrance is on the street Klapparstigur. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Western, Raw, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm

First Review by veganjess86
arianadventurer
arianadventurer

Eating healthy in the land of fire and Ice

Posted on 10 / 31 / 2014

I love this place. A group of us went there everyday during our visit to ICELAND. I would get a meal to go and put in the refrigerater in our hotel room to take with me for lunch the next day. Most the day tours in Iceland do not include lunch.
Updated from previous review on Friday October 31, 2014

Pros: Great tasting food, Creative menu-changes daily, Take-out available for next day's lunch
Cons: Expensive
KevinMaguire
KevinMaguire

5 Cows!!!!

Posted on 09 / 25 / 2014

To be honest traveling to Iceland made me fall out of love with Happy Cow. The fact that people would give such terrible reviews to a place like this without thinking for one second that vegetarian/vegan are very foreign concepts to an island such as Iceland. This place is doing it right! If you want to convert people over you have to ease them into it sometimes. I can't stand that I cannot give them a 5 rating just because they serve chicken which is seasoned the same as the vegan dish often, this way people can bring their non-vegan friends and have them try both and see that the vegan dish is just as good if not better, so there is no need to eat the chicken. The food here is great and I highly suggest checking it out for the food and their philosophy. They understand that you don't sway people by punishing them and not including them.

Pros: Great food/staff, They get it.
JenniferJune
JenniferJune

I would give it 5 stars if the app let me

Posted on 09 / 19 / 2014

Great vegan options and knowledgable staff! It's nice that there are options for vegetarians and meat eating friends as well. Great space and delicious food. Went here three times when I was in Reykjavik for work. Even have vegan desserts!!

Pros: vegan desserts, knowledgable staff , plenty of vegan choices
Cons: limited daily menu

Ned Harding
Ned Harding

Great Vegan Options

Posted on 08 / 31 / 2014

Glo has tons of fresh vegetables in a town where that is hard to find. Excellent vegan dessert choices. Highly recommended.

Pros: Fresh Veggies, Lots Of Vegan Options
Cons: Not All Veggie
Nikki1801
Nikki1801

I liked it here..

Posted on 06 / 04 / 2014

I can understand why people are annoyed (as I also disagree with saying vegetarian when they serve chicken) but to play devil's advocate, their food is great and healthy. If you are strict (and untrusting) however you may choose not to come here- as on both times we ate here, the server had to 'double check' and ask someone else what was vegan, and on one occasion they were unsure about any of the desserts.

Some raw dishes for those inclined. I had their soup (it was gorgeous) and picked a variety of salads/potatoes from the bar. They have vegan coleslaw which I really enjoyed (made with cashew cream I believe). I can't remember what my partner ate but he raved about it. We didn't feel confident enough to try a dessert (plus watching the money!) so when you go, just be firm and triple check if you are vegan =)

Pros: healthy, good portions
Cons: unsure of what was vegan
arthursgrub
arthursgrub

Lovely food. Take care though as meat is served

Posted on 11 / 03 / 2013

Very centrally located restaurant on the first floor. Largest of the local veggie spots. The wrap I had was fantastic as were the salad choices and dessert. However TAKE CARE as there was a chicken dish on the menu. The one thing that lets the place down.

Pros: Clean and friendly, Lovely food
Cons: SERVES MEAT
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Vegetarian sign is a lie.

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2013

For having a HUGE sign outside that says this is the first vegetarian restaurant in Reykjavik, I didn't expect them to serve meat.

The food was decent, but it was hard to overcome the dissatisfaction of the big lie on the wall outside.

Cons: Serves meat at a "vegetarian" restaurant
Meggie and Ben
Meggie and Ben

Nice downtown restaurant

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2013

A great restaurant downtown with lots of healthy vegan options. When we were there they had two vegan items on their menu as well as multiple types of salads. They also had a good selection of vegan and raw desserts. Nice, hip atmosphere too.

Pros: Healthy food, Vegan options, Hip atmosphere
Cons: A bit pricey
veganjess86
veganjess86

raw pizza

Posted on 06 / 15 / 2013

I didn't see any meat on this menu but I only read the daily special board. They had lots of vegan options with all their salads being vegan. This was my favorite place to eat in reykjavik, I had the raw pizza that came with 3 scoops of different salads. For salads I had a raw veggie, quinoa with nuts and a carrot beet root.

Pros: wifi, healthy, location

Dear Owner and Manager of Glo - Laugavegi: