Serves meat, veg options available. Quick service cafe with a few locations in Iceland. Each day has a rotating option menu with raw, vegan, vegetarian, and a chicken dish. Has raw as well vegan sweets, and you get complimentary, refillable hummus. Choose your items, pay at the counter, then find a seat. Free wi-fi for 2 hours. At the location of the now defunct A Naestu Grosum restaurant. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Western, Raw, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg
Engjateigur 19 (opposite Hilton Nordica)
Reykjavik, Iceland

amcordia
amcordia

Delicious

Posted on 08 / 14 / 2014

I had the bean burger in the other Glo yesterday and it was one of the best I've ever had. (The very best was at Cornucopia in Eugene, Oregon.) Today I had a veggie lasagna take away and it was also very good - a bit different, it had an Asian - coconut twist. The desserts - chocolate cake and raw chocolate - were also delicious.

jjkingan
jjkingan

Beautiful setting, beautiful food, always a pleasu

Posted on 10 / 07 / 2013

I've eaten at two of the Gló locations and they do not disappoint. Always a go-to. Pick from a raw or cooked vegan entree (also a meat and/or fish entree if some in your group are not veg) and three salads to accompany. Good mix of cooked and raw offerings. Fantastic coffee drinks and great desserts as well. A bit pricey, but fairly standard for Iceland.

Pros: great food, nice atmosphere
Cons: a bit pricey
saveur
saveur

Serves meat, but the veg options are great

Posted on 09 / 26 / 2013

Each day, Glo has 3 main meals: one raw, one vegan/vegetarian and one meat. You get to pick another 3 salads to complete your meal… along with as much hummus as you want. The hummus is fabulous. I also bought the glo bag a few times (needs to be ordered in advance): basically a day's worth of food, mostly raw, but they snuck in some cooked vegan food, too, one day. A bit oily, generally, but still nice vegan options for Iceland.

Mostly in Icelandic but they found English-speaking servers to help me figure out what was vegan.

Pros: all you can eat hummus!, take away glo bag
Cons: Icelandic only, long lines at lunch

Kris G
Kris G

A mistake

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2013

There is a huge banner saying this is best vegetarian restaurant but when you look at the menu you can see chicken salad... When I said chicken is not vegetarian I heard back "there is only a little chicken". Stop confusing people. Fail.

Kmie
Kmie

Delicious healthy vegan food!

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2013

We stayed 5 days in Reykjavik, and eated three times at this excellent place! Always at least one vegan meal, delicious and original salad buffet, amazing bread and vegan desserts!

Unmissable!

Pocoheywood
Pocoheywood

Great food but watch out, they also serve chicken!

Posted on 05 / 25 / 2013

I visited the new city centre location of Glo, and the sign outside said "vegetarian, raw food, organic". Aha! thought I, the HappyCow listing as vegetarian-friendly and not fully vegetarian must be out of date! However, I was wrong - they do serve (excellent) raw and vegetarian choices, but one of the dishes is always chicken. And given that that the menu was in Icelandic only, you run the risk of accidentally ordering it! Fortunately we didn't, but that was only because we both fancied the spinach lasagne, not because we'd spotted the Icelandic for chicken (kjúklingur in case you're interested). It was only looking at their website later that I realised they were not fully veggie. Verdict - a great place, but get the staff to translate the menu for you before you order!

Pros: Raw and vegan food, Good value, large portions
Cons: Not completely vegetarian, Menu in Icelandic only
Marian0123
Marian0123

Wonderful source of vegetables!

Posted on 07 / 07 / 2012

During a recent vacation in reyjkavik, I was saddened by the lack of interesting vegetables in many restaurants. But Glo was an exception. I enjoyed a delicious raw basil based entree, accompanied by fresh green salad and vegetables. The ambiance of the restaurant was lovely as well.

Pros: Ambiance, Free hummus, Vegetables
ChickpeaDee
ChickpeaDee

Amzing Choices!

Posted on 03 / 19 / 2012

I visited Glo in March 2012. What an amazing meal I had. They had many vegan options, fresh juices and even raw dishes. Fantastic decor. It is a cafe in a business center. It was quite busy when we went during lunch. My plate was full. It was a raw spinach like patty with peanut sauce on top, roasted potatoes, beet salad, homemade hummus and a nice green salad with shaved purple cabbage. My juice was a berry juice (see photo).

Pros: great people watching, yummy food, great service
Cons: location a bit out of the center of town

Dear Owner and Manager of Glo - Engjateigur: