Gli Stuzzichini del Corso

Serves meat, veg options available. Cafe serving also vegan sandwiches with tofu or seitan and has vegan cakes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Italian, Non-veg

First Review by MirandaM
myriamme
myriamme

A good place to drop by for a quick snack

4 Posted on 04 / 24 / 2014

I almost wouldn't have gone to this place because of the bad reviews, but we stumbled over it and I just couldn't resist the sign saying they offer vegan and organic food. I had a sandwich with tomato, tofu, zucchini and eggplant and I really liked it and did not find it dry at all. Mine was not lying in the counter but was freshly prepared for me. I just loved the variety of vegan pastry and sweets they offered! They seemed very eager to find something I would like and they succeeded.

Pros: fresh, organic food, good variety of vegan sweets, friendly and helpful staff
Cons: a little crowded
lallilaranja
lallilaranja

one of the few veg-friendly bars in florence

4 Posted on 03 / 06 / 2014

If you want to eat something fast while you're in the very heart of Florence, this is a good option. If my vegan sandwich was just decent the bar offers delicious vegan pastries that make the difference.

Pros: helpful staff
Cons: cruel cold cuts on the counter showcase
Unaban
Unaban

Ghastly place

1 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2013

In this cramped and dingy little place the vegan offering was a ready made "sandwich" with unlubricated hard bread and tasteless seitan or tofu with a few leaves of lettuce. It was tucked away in a corner of the display cabinet beside masses of meat and cheese. I tried the vegan cake but had to spit it out as eating sawdust is not to my taste. My impression was that this was a case of the owners paying lip service rather than having any interest in vegans. They deserve no stars at all.

Updated from previous review on Monday August 19, 2013

Cons: Dreadful food, Dismal surroundings, Unpleasant dtaff

AshleyLorden
AshleyLorden

Tiny cafe with a few disappointing vegan options

2 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2013

This counter-service cafe with 6 little tables opening onto the street offers a full range of sandwiches, from piles of meat to a couple vegetarian and vegan versions (tofu or seitan with tomato, rucula, and grilled eggplant slice). Despite requesting olive oil, the bread remained hard and dry. It was okay, but not a pleasure to eat.

We also tried a vegan pear cake and chocolate-filled pastry, which were also lackluster. The pastry tasted powdery.

Overall, I always appreciate vegan choices but I wouldn't return here, even though it made an inexpensive lunch.

Pros: Inexpensive
Cons: Dry, bland, not tasty
jesse
jesse

Nice Little Place - Vegan Oasis (Believe Me)

4 Posted on 03 / 05 / 2013

Although this place is thoroughly Italian - which is a good thing for cooking but not usually a good thing for vegans - it has some pretty darn good food and a pleasant atmosphere.

They sell tofu or seitan sandwiches with grilled eggplant and zucchini inside. Don't forget to ask them to put olive oil on the bread and grill it in the panini press or the sandwich will come out too dry.

They will make soy hot chocolate or coffee drinks, fresh orange juice, and they have a decent selection of vegan desserts - the best of which should not be missed: the pear and chocolate tart - Yum!

They place is small and fairly cramped, but they all speak English and are really nice actually. It's right near the Duomo so in the touristy centre of town.

I kissed the ground when I found this place, after weeks of struggling to eat in an otherwise barren desert of non-veg food! Please Italians adopt vegan food and health food! I know you're good cooks but it's time to let go of the pizza and pasta and enter 21st century Europe!!!

Pros: Good Food, Friendly workers / close to Duomo, Yummy vegan desserts
Cons: Small place - bit cramped
AngelaGraziaSolda
AngelaGraziaSolda

Vegan cappuccino!!!

4 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2013

It is a small, friendly cafe where many florentines wo work in the area use to have breakfast or lunch. One of the few places in Florence where you can drink a cappuccino with soya or oat milch. They also offer delicious sandwiches made with organic bread hoven baked.

Pros: food, service, location
AlyssaMiller
AlyssaMiller

=/

1 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2012

There were vegan sandwiches when I visited, but they did not look good. It appeared to be plain tofu with lettuce and tomato or seitan.

There were 2 vegan desserts. I was excited and tried the cake for lunch. It tasted good, but I felt horrible after, it is the feeling that I get if I eat too much processed junk food. That was not comforting.
I would not go back again.

Cons: boring food, didn't feel well after
  • jesse jesse

That's not quite fair: I've had the tofu sandwiches several times and they're good. They usually have grilled zucchini and eggplant on them. You have to ask them to put olive oil on the bread or it will be too dry.

MirandaM
MirandaM

Vegan cake!

4 Posted on 05 / 31 / 2012

We visited this small cafe/snack bar in May 2012 looking for a sandwich, not knowing that they serve organic and vegan options. So I was delighted to be faced with a choice of 4 types of vegan cake, the 2 I tried were delicious. Worth finding if you want a sugar fix! The staff member who served us was friendly and helpful and even spoke some English.

Pros: Vegan cake!, Pleasant staff, Good value
Cons: Didn't see any vegan sandwiches

Dear Owner and Manager of Gli Stuzzichini del Corso: