Organic cafe run by a cooperative. Vegan choices of sandwiches, soya milk, some cakes. Young alternative crowd. Sometimes music performances and progressive lectures. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Swedish, Fast food
Kristianstadsgatan 16 (near Mollevangen, Skane)
Malmo, Sweden
040-2381-01

Open Tue-Sun 11.00-20.00.

• Cash only

First Review by erinmack

- Delicious and cheap !

5 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

- I go there every time I am in Malmö and my favourite thing's are their smoothies and their vegan kebabpizza, tastes just like real non-vegan swedish kebab pizza I remember from my childhood ! It's so far the best vegan food I have had in Sweden (born and raised here, so I have tried a lot of vegan foods!)
It's all not too expensive as well, as many vegan places take the chance to be . .
I also love the decoration, it's all cosy and colourful and comfortable and people are lovely and there is also a freeshop, so it's a good opportunity to take and put clothes or stuff you don't need anymore for someone new to enjoy !

Beautiful atmosphere, and I have never had the chance to check out events that happen there but one day hopefully I will . .

Don't miss it if you're coming through !

Pros: delicious food, comfy vibe, radical

Very cozy, nice atmosphere

4 Posted on 12 / 09 / 2011

I only had a latte and a vegan-snickers-type dessert here, both were very good. I loved the atmosphere and all the colors. It is quite an alternative place, but it seems it attracts many different people.

Four cow-stars, because it's not entirely vegan.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Cozy, Yummy desserts
Cons: Not all food is vegan

Closed early when I went.

3 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2010

Not in the most salubrious area of the city, it's quirky and radical. Showed up at 7.30 on a Sunday to be told they were just closing but could have a coffee - which tasted as though the filter machine hadn't been cleaned in a while. Good vibe (despite being the only customers and about 25 years older than their usual clientele) but it did look like it could do with a bit of a clean. Menu looked appetising.

Pros: Alternative, Good Vegan choice, Friendly
Cons: Drug users littering the streets nearby, Needs a clean, Not open 'til 21.00 as stated

Friendly, cosy, great food

4 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2010

I really feel at home when I go to Glassfabriken. It's cosy with mismatched tables and chairs and armchairs, and little corners to hide away in. The tofu toast is so cheap and really tasty, the vegan latte is great, and the vegan milkshake is particularly awesome. They even have vegan icecream cones! Hooray! :)

Pros: Cheap, Lots of vegan stuff, punk ethics

great food!

5 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2009

i eat here at least once a month and love their food. it's very cheap too.

my favorites are the tofu toast (you get two yummy toasts and salad) for 35 SEK and the tofu baguette for around 50 SEK. (ask to get it grilled)

the place is run by voluntaries and everything is made from scratch, which sometimes take 15-20 minutes.

everything that can be made vegan is marked with a big V on the blackboard - make sure you tell them that you want the vegan option though!

this is probably my favorite place to eat in malmö.

Pros: cheap, great food

no ice cream at the factory anymore, but...

4 Posted on 04 / 30 / 2008

I had a really cheap and yummy chocolate peanut butter confection here, and felt comfortable among my people - punks and radicals!

Dear Owner and Manager of Glassfabriken: