Opened in July 2012, this is a vegetarian cafe that offers vegan options in peaceful atmosphere along the Southport Broadwater. Has fresh juices, smoothies, organic, locally roasted coffee, and cakes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Lacto, Western, Australian, Juice bar, Catering, Take-out
Shop 1 H2O Broadwater, 82 Marine Parade, Southport (Nind Street)
Gold Coast, Queensland 4215
07-5591-3555

Open Mon-Fri 6:30am-8pm, Sat 6:30am-3pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by rasandrasi
stanners
stanners

Yummo!

5 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2014

I went looking for a vegetarian place for lunch today so I googled it and found Giri Kana Cafe literally 2 streets away from my workplace and I couldn't believe my luck! This place was like heaven on earth, it was delicious. So good, I will return again and again as there was so much yummy food there that I would be very keen to try. Today I had Vegetable Indian Curry and Lentil Pie with potato top, it was beautiful and so filling all for only $10. I think this was a good price. I'll definiately return for a hot drink and piece of vegan cheesecake :)

Pros: Great Spot & breezy, Healthy Food, Friendly helpful staff
vegan_simon
vegan_simon

Top Spot in Southport

5 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2013

Great food, great staff, great ambience and great location. I had 4 choices: 2 salads, moussaka, kofta balls (all vegan). The plate was big and very reasonably priced at $16 also considering the high quality of the food. I don't think LSD was on the board menu but they made me a dandelion-soy-latte anyway and it was just fine. We went here on a Wednesday lunchtime and it was very busy. We ended up sharing our table with other people. Nice furnishings and decor. This place is great and its popularity is well deserved.

Pros: large portions, reasonable prices, friendly prompt service
Purejoy58
Purejoy58

Tasty Experience

5 Posted on 08 / 01 / 2013

Have visited on numerous occasions and the food has been consistently delicious and filling. The staff were terrific , would highly recommend.

Louko
Louko

Lovely experience

5 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2013

If you are in Southport Giri Kana is definitely worth a visit. The food was delicious, and there were plenty of vegan options, and vegan sweets without sugar. Try the raw cheesecake!

Jmyl
Jmyl

Great vegetarian, vegan and gluten free food!

5 Posted on 02 / 20 / 2013

I had lunch here recently with my family while visiting the Gold Coast. The food was delicious - great, fresh ingredients and very tasty - the serving sizes are very generous, and there are lots of gluten free and vegan options.

Desserts and coffee were nice too, and the service was lovely. Highly recommend this vegetarian restaurant.

Pros: Great range, Lots of vegan and GF options, Friendly service

Rambanita
Rambanita

Heaven under a tree..

5 Posted on 08 / 10 / 2012

We visited Giri Kana Cafe on Wednesday and were absolutely delighted..From the simple yet elegant decor, the wonderful Burgers with amazing Sauces, the au Gratin was to die for and the Sweets make you feel like you ve died and gone to heaven.The staff are freindly and the Coffee was one of the best we have had on the Coast.Meals were well priced and the enclosed outdoor area is like an atrium, very Child friendly too...Highly recommend this Cute little place...

Pros: Good Value, Fresh and Delicious Cuisine, Peaceful Atmosphere
rasandrasi
rasandrasi

Giri Kana Cafe Really Good Food

5 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2012

We just visited Giri Kana Cafe for lunch. It is on the street level of the new H20 Building in Southport. Really nice covered outdoor seating area, Great looking cafe which is unfortunately rare for Vegie places.
Friendly staff was the second bonus and best of all the food certainly didn't let us down. We had very generous vegie burgers and salad plate. Tasty sauces and moist vegan gluten free patties.
We shared a mixed berry smoothie and were fully satisfied. But being a relaxing saturday we sat and read the paper until we were ready for coffee and cake.
Organic coffee and milk, and decadent tiramisu topped it off.
Were really good cooks at home, so are often disappointed when we eat out. So it's really nice to find a place where everything was good. Definitely recommend this new cafe.

Pros: lots of vegan options, gluten free options, lovely atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Giri Kana Cafe: