Ghea Laboratorio Vegetariano

Vegetarian restaurant with plenty of vegan options. Has a happy hour Tue-Sat. Food was served at the buffet, and from time to time the waiter brings hot dishes from the kitchen. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Juice bar, Buffet
Via Valenza 5
Milan, Italy 20144
+39-2-58110980

First Review by L_Almo_Clelarco
Alessandro
Alessandro

How a service style may influence your experience

Posted on 11 / 18 / 2013

Elegant and refined environment, excellent food quality and delightful visual presentation. However, my overall experience was unsatisfying: the service is extremely slow and the staff lacks attentiveness.
The spiced quinoa with Autumn vegetables is fantastic. The “tris di seitan” (three different fried bocconcini) was disappointing, from concept to execution.
We didn’t try desserts.

Pros: creative menu
Cons: overpriced, unsatisfactory service
devu
devu

Awesomeness has a price

Posted on 09 / 08 / 2013

After the Vegan Chef Marco Bortolon improved the menu of the restaurant, quality of dishes has dramatically improved.

I suggest to try the "Menù degustazione" that allows you to taste 5 or 7 small portions of the available dishes. Unfortunately quality has a price and at Ghea it is quite high: the "Menù degustazione" 5 dishes starts at € 30, drinks and desserts excluded. Wine adds much more "expensiveness" to the bill.

The environment is nice, neat and clean. Soft lights during the evening makes it also suitable for dates and romantic dinners.

Friends told me on several occasions the owner didn't treat waiters very well. It has never happened while I was there but it would be very disappointing.

It's not the restaurant to go daily but on special occasions it will help ending the night properly. Ohh it will, if you know what I mean ;)

On thursday evening usually between 6pm and 8pm, before dinner, there's the "Aperitivo" time. Read @kenvegan review to know about it.

P.S. the black bread with seeds is excellent too!

Pros: Excellent food, Nice and neat
Cons: Price
kenvegan
kenvegan

Excellent Aperitivo!

Posted on 09 / 05 / 2013

Eight Euros for all-you-can eat delicious gourmet vegan food and one drink? Yes! You read this correctly, and the food is wonderful! Just come by at 6PM to 8PM, and indulge! I have heard that regular meals here are even more delicious.

Pros: Food , Ambiance

L_Almo_Clelarco
L_Almo_Clelarco

Nice place, atmosphere spoiled by waiter

Posted on 02 / 26 / 2013

We have been to Ghea for a buffet aperitivo.
The place is nice, a bit hidden from the road, so not easy to find.
When we entered we were swiftly seated and served.
The waiter was very kind. We ordered two fruit juices. We asked for a sweet one and ended up drinking a mandarin based one, bitter, freshly made but probably the juice of the day since we saw it served to many other tables.
Food buffet was ok but nothing special. Sometimes out of the kitchen came some hot dishes which were overall good.
The worst part was the main waiter being very rude to other waiter, while very kind to customers, in a Jeckill-Hide way.
He overheard him say to a waitres something like:
"Don't tell me your ideas. Nobody cares about them!"
or else
"Come, I'll tell you wich wine to advice. Like this one, we have many bottles left!".
Now, I'm realistic, but fron a vegetarian place I would expect a different behaviour towards human beings!
In the end, I asked to take a look to the restaurant list. Food seemed interesting, although a bit pricey.
As a whole it's a pity, the place is freshly open and it may need time. But as of now, if it doesn't improve I don't think I'll return.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday February 26, 2013

Pros: Cozy location
Cons: Rude waiter, Average food

Dear Owner and Manager of Ghea Laboratorio Vegetariano: