Organic bakery located in a pink gingerbread house-like building. A wide variety of breads including sweet and savory items. Some breads contain honey, so check the menu for ingredients. more-less
311 E Commercial Bld
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33334
954-491-4464

First Review by VeggieTiger
maulydaft
maulydaft

Glad they thought about us

Posted on 08 / 27 / 2013

The day I went there was only one kind of vegan cookie, which saddened me because I thought I was going to stock up on baked goods, but nearly all their bread is vegan. The previous review mentioned vegan cake, so they DO do that too. It was a cute little place so I'll check them out again if I'm ever back in the area.

Pros: CUTE!, They ship
Cons: Not as many sweet vegan goods
VeggieTiger
VeggieTiger

A Wonderful Surprise

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2010

Wow. This place is a true hidden gem. My friend and I were drawn to the yellow banner hung outside: organic vegan!
We were greeted by a friendly fellow who was excited to chat about veganism. An amazing variety of delicious breads, plus a couple of vegan cakes on the day we were there. Not everything is marked vegan, but you can read the ingredients for all of the breads and most are. Plus! It's in the cutest pink house!

Pros: great variety, adorable building, organic!
  • Norma Dauer Norma Dauer

Hi Tiger, Thank you for the great review. I'm glad that you had a good experience with us and our products. go to www.germanbreadhaus.com/why and see a letter that my husband wrote many years ago. Next time you come to town I'll give you the nickel tour... 8)

Dear Owner and Manager of German Bread Haus: