Georgetown Liquor Company

A retro-gaming bar with free wi-fi. Sandwiches, field roast, appetizers, salads, and main entrees. Kitchen open until 10pm. Must be at least 18 years to patron. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine
5501- B Airport Way S (Georgetown area)
Seattle, Washington 98108
206-763-6764

Open Mon-Fri 11am-2am, Sat 2pm-2am, Sun 4pm- 2am.

First Review by aaronsk
SKayR
SKayR

AMAZING!!

5 Posted on 07 / 31 / 2013

My husband and I ate here the last night of our vacation in Washington State. The food was divine, the service outstanding! The decor is quirky and the atmosphere was easy and peaceful. The drinks, well, you gotta try them yourself...really, you do! YUM!!! Can't wait to go back!

Pros: Food, Drinks, Service
Cons: Location difficult to determine for non-
ciaomary
ciaomary

A cool bar, all vegetarian food. Need I say more?

5 Posted on 05 / 23 / 2013

Just back from 2+ years around the world and wow, we're so spoiled with choice here in Seattle for good vegetarian options! I feel privledged and happy to live in such a forward minded city. But back to the review... when in need of a cool bar to hang out with my veggie friends we always come here. Anyone vegetarian into a good pub now and again, this is a must!

Pros: good food, cool pub, good value
zemphira
zemphira

Good food, bad service

2 Posted on 06 / 26 / 2012

Bottom line, the food is good, especially if you're vegetarian/vegan. However the service can go from mediocre to bad.

Since my job is located nearby, my coworkers and I have been eating at GLC for years and the trick to getting somewhat decent service is to just call your order in early (before noon) and take it to go. However, if you're there hoping to get some food during your allotted lunch time, you'd better make sure you have at least an hour to spare.

It's really unfortunate how bad the service has gotten. It didn't use to be this bad a few years back and it seems like during the past 2 years, it has gotten progressively worse. Most recently my significant other and I decided to go there during my lunch time and I called in the order at 11:58am stating that I would be there in 5 minutes and wanted to get a jump start on my order since I only get a 30 minute lunch. We got there and it took the waiter about 10 minutes to take our drink orders. Finally at 12:20 pm I asked if our order was ready since I had called it in earlier and true to form, the waiter was completely apathetic stating that they were being served as they came up. He didn't even bother checking with the kitchen. Now I know that restaurants get busy during the lunch hour,however our order was placed far in advance and it was the daily special along with an extra bowel of soup. This wasn't a complicated or large order and shouldn't have taken so long to prepare. At the very least, the waiter should have checked on it and showed at least some concern for our time and appreciation for our business.

I will not be eating there again and if you're a local, I highly recommend going to St. Dames instead where they food is great and the service is excellent.

Pros: Vegan options, Good food, Central location
Cons: mediocre to bad service, bad parking, a little pricey
dr
dr

Yum!

5 Posted on 02 / 05 / 2012

My wife and I just spent three weeks out of town and we could not stop craving this place. We have been there many many many times. My favorite is the Darth Reuben. My only complaint is that it is so far from my house in North Seattle.

Meggie and Ben
Meggie and Ben

Super awesome!

5 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2012

Georgetown is so awesome! I love all the nerdy names for their food and the retro gaming atmosphere. Plus there food is awesome! They are a little out of the way if you are just visiting, but worth the trip.

Get the Picard sandwich and the split pea soup. Their cherry and saffron mousse is amazing too! Oh, but beware, their cocktails are strong!

ProtonVehiCROSS
ProtonVehiCROSS

Good vegan pub food, edgy atmosphere

4 Posted on 10 / 15 / 2011

The food here is 100% vegetarian with a huge vegan selection. Ales and ciders are excellent (order a pitcher to share, I prefer the ciders myself). Food is hearty and the atmosphere is edgy/eclectic -- classic Seattle art/grunge next to the railroad tracks with free Nintendo/Atari games and a digital jukebox. Funky wall-art changes often. Don't expect white linen tablecloth dining -- come as you are (wearing flannel and feeling hungry!) because the food and portions are filling and the attitude here is laid-back!

Be sure to check out the few antiques stores just down the road (1-2 minutes' walking distance) because they have some really weirdly awesome stuff! We came for lunch one day and went home with a massive 25-lb iridescent polished blue moonstone we found in one of those shops -- an amazing natural artefact I've never seen anywhere else. A totally unexpected, like an excellent vegetarian pub in the middle of Georgetown!

Pros: Hearty food, 100% vegetarian, Tons of vegan options
Cons: A little out of the way, Parking lot is falling apart, Noisy trains sometimes
kindlizard
kindlizard

Great samiches

4 Posted on 07 / 28 / 2011

This place is great. I got the Piccard which was delicious!! It came w a side salad with vegan ranch which was also very good. They have, as the name suggests, a nice beer and booze options. What a nice surprise. I know in the past I have been critical of places that simply have field roast samiches and such, but none had transformed it in this way. I really like it and would suggest it for anyone in that area.

My only thing, and this is bc I am a freak, is I like to see my food and it is pretty dark in there. But it is a small thing to sacrifice for the ambience of this place.

Good stuff, actually better than most places in Seattle.
Updated from previous review on Monday September 13, 2010

Pros: Good food & beers, Creative sandwiches, nice folks
thoor_ballylee
thoor_ballylee

Great veggie retro gaming bar, very vegan friendly

5 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2011

I've only been here a couple times and I enjoyed it every time, the only real complaint I have is that it is so far away from where I live. A vegetarian restaurant/bar that is very vegan friendly. I enjoyed the food every time I went, not exactly healthy but good solid bar food, don't know if the food at the High Line is better or worse, though Georgetown Liquor defantly has a bitter and better selection and the video games are fun especially if you are there with friends to play them with you. The more I think about this place the more it makes me realize how much I really like this place and I wonder why I don't go here more often.

Pros: great bar food, lots of vegan options, parking
Cons: location is kind of tucked away
snyre
snyre

Bar+vegetarian food+retro games=awesome

4 Posted on 01 / 17 / 2011

I've been here literally dozens of times. Entire menu is vegetarian with many vegan options, and everything I've had has been extremely tasty. The focus is sandwiches, many with field roast, but there are a few entrees such as tamales and such on the menu. Don't feel like you are missing out if you order a salad...they are huge and loaded with fixin's. Their vegan split pea soup with veggie ham is also a standout. In the sandwich section, try the Picard complete with "au jus" or the Lowell with veggie ham and cheese. This is definitely a bar (with a great beer selection, I might add), but don't let the slightly grungy atmosphere scare you. This is some seriously yummy food. Service can be slightly grumpy at times but if you get to know the servers they will be very good to you.

Pros: The whole menu is yours!, Great beer selection
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

The best Sandwiches in Seattle~ Piccard you MUST

5 Posted on 03 / 18 / 2009

This was our last stop on our Vegan tour of Seattle. Its on the way to the airport so if you have a late flight like we did its an awesome way to kill an hour or two. Its easy to miss because its around back and you have to make a funky flip around when you get off the highway so as you're going down Airport before the big bridge its the last building on your left around the back.

Now that you've found it you'll experience the best Vegan Sandwich possibly on the planet the Piccard = French Dip. The Darth Vegan is also outstanding. I've never had field roast prepared so fantastically.

This is a bar, with some blue collar drinkers, but also there are random video games and nice booths to sit in and enjoy your meal. The staff is super friendly.

Pros: Piccard, Darth Vegan, Near Airport
tofutodd
tofutodd

Vegetarian bar, with pretty good food.

3 Posted on 02 / 13 / 2009

This is my first time going here, there is a new owner now. Lots of micros on tap, including 9lb porter which was great. They have a supplier issue currently and have no vegan cheese, so you won't get any cheese if you're vegan which was a small letdown. I had the chips and salsa, the salsa was housemade but not great, the chips were out of a bag. The tamales were ok, but really needed an extra dimension of either sour cream, cheese, or something else to really round out the dish. The salad and black rice it came with were both good. The entire entree was a ton of food and came on two plates which was a pleasant suprise. However at $13.50 it was really hoping for a little extra flavor on the tamales. After tip my meal was $25. I might go back to try a sandwich, but not until they get a vegan cheese back in. I like neighborhood with the old brick buildings and the building is pretty cool. Oh, and tax was included in the prices, which isn't something to sneeze at. Oh, if you go late, the service may be slow or you'll have to jockey for the bartender's attention. Keep in mind this is a bar first so if you want to eat here without a lot of noise go early, otherwise plan to have a few beers and watch a show.

Pros: all veg, can be vegan, large portions, microbrews
Cons: a little pricey, no vegan cheese currently, service can be spotty
kissme926
kissme926

DO NOT TAKE KIDS HERE!!

2 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2008

We were trying out different vegetarian restaurants and stopped at GLC for some early dinner... I had not seen anything on Happycow saying this was an adult-only place, and besides, maybe "liquor company" was just a cute name and kids were still allowed. Further, I had called previously to ask what was on the kid's menu, and a guy on the phone very sleepily said that you just order off the main menu.

So, when we got there, I went in first with everyone waiting in the car to see if this was a cool place, good for families, clean, etc. etc. The place looked mostly like a bar and the waitress very abruptly told me "no kids. we're a bar!" And so I was like, uh, ok!! And turned and left. She could have been nicer and said, "oh I'm sorry (with a smile) I wish we could but due to the fact that we're just a bar that's just not allowed..." It was onward to find another classier, family-friendly veg restaurant. Sometimes my husband and I do get a sitter and go out, just he and I. But because of that unpleasant experience, I doubt I'd want to come here with kids or without! Maybe one day when they have nicer people working there I can come back and write about the food and more pleasant experiences.

Pros: Veg offerings
Cons: Not kid-friendly, Dark, not clean, Unfriendly waitress
  • kindlizard kindlizard

Cascadia, you know better than to bring your kids to a place called liquor company, or yourself if you don't drink for that matter. It is not uncalled for to challenge her notion that the cafe is at fault. They are a bar. The people here are really nice. Don't know any BARS that are kid-friendly, they aren't allowed in!!!

• j.lee j.lee

I could totally see how a place named "Georgetown LIQUOR Company" could be confused as someplace Kid Friendly.

• Cascadian Cascadian

If you do not care for a persons review, fine. That said, the comments above were uncalled for to say the least. As a vegan parent of vegan kids and as someone who generally does not drink, I still like the option of going to establishments that do serve alcohol, including with my kids. I appreciate the original review and I do NOT assume that because a place is a bar or similar that it is automatically NOT kid/family friendly - many ARE!

• kindlizard kindlizard

kid friendly?! i think it raises more questions about your parenting and judgment rather the establishment. why would you bring kids to a dark bar, veg or not?

sweetszlove
sweetszlove

YUM

5 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2008

The paccard---get it, love it. vegan or not!

Pros: free video games, bar, good prices
Cons: limited menu, parking
CrispyOne
CrispyOne

In a word, Great!

5 Posted on 02 / 10 / 2008

My husband and I stopped by this afternoon for a late lunch. We enjoyed the beer, music, pinball and the food. The bartender served us and was quite nice. I had the vegan enchilladas...while I'm still not quite used to the fake cheese taste it was still very good. The forbidden rice was the best! The dressing on the house salad was also very good. My husband had the Luna (not vegan) sandwich and enjoyed the melty goodness. Overall, it was a great experience and I would recommend it. We'll be back when we're down that way again.

Pros: Good Beer, Good Music, Good Food
Cons: Parking
aaronsk
aaronsk

Highly Recommended

5 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2007

I've ate at the GLC three times now, and I've never been disappointed. Their vegan soups are delicious, the Plato Platter is enormous, and the sandwiches are great. The vegan French Dip, which is usually on special, is especially tasty. There are lots of promising items on the menu, which will keep me coming back again and again. Trains rumble by a mere 30 feet away from the back door, serving as a constant reminder of what makes Georgetown so unique. The atmosphere varies depending on the time of day and who's bar tending, but I definitely prefer the nights when punk rock is piped in. What's better than a pint of Manny's and a Field Roast sandwich a few blocks away from where they are created?

Pros: Great Food, Nice Staff, Good Value
Cons: Limited Parking, Corn Salsa

Dear Owner and Manager of Georgetown Liquor Company: