Serves meat, veg options available. Kaiten (conveyor belt) sushi chain restaurant. Has a few vegetable sushi rolls, plus edamame, salad, and tofu. Busy at lunch at dinner time. Staff understands when you tell them you are a vegan and will guide you in ordering. Can make 3 types of sushi (2 of which are not on the menu), inari, a seaweed noodle salad, two types of vegetable tempura dishes, and the deep fried tofu dish (also edamame). Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Japanese, Buffet, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
3-2600 Kaumualii Highway Unit 1804
Lihue, Hawaii 96766
808-632-2450

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by veganmiss
ShantiPeace
ShantiPeace

Good.

Posted on 03 / 20 / 2015

Got my little Japanese fix on my visit to the island. Was able to get my usually Sushi house vegan fair. Largely fish, etc. on the menu, but can scour through the menu and ask questions. It was very busy when I went.

peacelovefruit
peacelovefruit

Quick and low priced

Posted on 02 / 14 / 2014

Had some takeout of veggie sushi. Quick and low priced.

Pros: low price
mfoy
mfoy

Enough vegan items -not the best quality, but fair

Posted on 06 / 11 / 2012

I think the vegan options are enough to keep this listing on Happy Cow. After saying we were looking for vegetarian items, the waitperson thought the manager would be able to help us better. She came out, and guided us through (asking if we were the type of vegetarians that avoided mayo or not) - after establishing that we also ate no egg (vegan), she guide us to: 3 types of sushi they could make (2 of which were not on the menu), inari, a seaweed noodle salad (where they could not make it with crab), two types of vegetable tempura dishes, and the deep fried tofu dish (also edamame). The quality was OK, nothing great, but the prices match this (pretty inexpensive for Hawaii) - $24 for 2 people for the above.

Pros: price, speed
Cons: only fair quality, portion sizes

veganmiss
veganmiss

Had a Great Lunch

Posted on 12 / 28 / 2011

I went here for lunch a few years ago and had a good meal. Not everything on the conveyor belt is vegan, but you can order separately off their menu. There are plenty of rolls and appetizers to choose from (edamame, cold tofu, etc.). It was quick and cheap. Loved the experience. It can be busy, though. I tried to go back with my mother earlier this year and there was a half an hour wait (it was around lunch time).

Pros: vegan options, fast food, cheap
Cons: can be a long wait

Dear Owner and Manager of Genki Sushi: