Gelateria Valentino

The owners make gelati and sorbeti daily. There is always one soy gelato plus several fruit gelati that are non-dairy. more-less
Via del Lavatore, 96, Fontana di Trevi
Rome, Italy 00187
06-6783219

First Review by flyhiwithme
flyhiwithme
flyhiwithme

Gelateria Valentino near the Trevi Fountain

5 Posted on 09 / 27 / 2013

This is a family operation where the owners have their eye on everything. There is always a soy gelato available, like nocciolo or the current offering of Frutta di Bosco which is a light colored fruit gelato with real whole berries inside. The ingredients are local so when you bite into a peach in the peach gelato, know that it has come from this neighborhood. Since I can visit every week, I tend to choose one flavor at a time. If I'm looking for dessert, I choose the fondente which tastes like a chocolate truffle. If it's really hot out, I select a refreshing peach or melon. My friends all pick at least 2 flavors and can never decide which is the better one!The owner will tell you which flavor to eat first to lead you to tasting pleasure. The prices are reasonable and you can walk right up the street and enjoy your gelato at the historical Trevi Fountain. A friendly and gourmand experience, every time.

Pros: Homemade Gelato, No after taste from the soy selection, Many dairy free options
Cons: Like most gelaterie, it is small, One bench inside to eat your gelato, Near my hotel so I must stop often

Dear Owner and Manager of Gelateria Valentino: