Gelateria Della Palma

One of the more well known gelaterie in Rome, with a wide range of gelato flavours. A separate selection of soya (vegan) options. Near the Pantheon and in a WiFi zone. more-less
Via della Maddalena
Rome, Italy 00186

First Review by Earth Angel Outreach
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Great experience

4 Posted on 12 / 16 / 2013

They have a TON of flavors of gelato, and about 12 of them are vegan. Unlike other people, I had a great experience here with friendly staff and delicious flavors.

I'd definitely go again.

Pros: Vegan gelato
akanne
akanne

Awful service

1 Posted on 10 / 21 / 2013

Same negative reviews here and in trip advisor. why would you go?
I took this place on my list of gellateria to visit while in Rome. On my trip to the Pantheon, I found it hidden in one of the small streets. It was full of people. Of course it was, they have a big variety of flavors and the service is sloooow!!!

I did not know that I needed to pay first, get a ticket and then come choose my flavors, I was pointed that out by an indian looking server who was extremely rude. When I came back, I showed my ticket to the older Italian server who had just finished serving a customer, he shook his head and walked away. After pretending to do something, he came back grabbed my ticket forcefully and when I told him my flavors, he yelled, "Coppa!" that he needed to get the cup. He gave me my ice cream and he approached the Indian server and they started talking crap about us customers. I speak Spanish and a little Italian so I knew what they were saying. My family had gone to another store while I bought my treat and were waiting for me to come in. I deterred them from coming and we never went back.

The sorbet was just ok and you can get better flavors are smaller stores around Florence, the prices were not cheap either for such an awful service and average product. Stay away from this place if you don't want to have a sour experience from Rome.

Cons: Rude service, Price, Average product
MeaganPalmer
MeaganPalmer

OK vegan ice cream

2 Posted on 03 / 24 / 2013

Not my favorite of soy ice creams,I must admit. The flavors were a bit thin. The best was the coffee,followed by the strawberry. The chocolate adn pistachio were huge disappoinments. If you're wanting regular ice cream,with real milk,I'm sure this place would be great as they have a huge selection. I have to also say that it's a bit chaotic. You have to place your order and pay before you stand in line. Then,get into the regular line even if it's soya ice cream that you want,wait your turn and then tell them you want the soya ice cream. Don't expect to be able to taste as the lines are usually quite long so they workers have to get to the rest of the customers. Honestly though,I don't eat much sugar,so,when I do, I want it to be GOOD. This was a disappointment and left me feeling I had "wasted" my treat for the week,if you know what I mean. Thankfully,we tried Blue Ice a few days later which left me with the gratification I needed.

Pros: variety of soya ice creams
Cons: thin flavor of ice creams, chaotic and confusing
salilona
salilona

Fair variety of soy gelato, unfriendly service

2 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2012

Della Palma was the 3rd gelateria we visited in Rome in search of vegan ice cream and was disappointed in the end with the atmosphere. :- Staff is not helpful at all. I was standing before the soy gelato section for ca 10. min waiting for my turn without receiving the slightest attention (addressing the personnal passig by didn't help Of course, if you're looking for soy gelato you won't leave without this treat (flavours include: chocolate, strawberry, coconut, hazelnut, coffee, cream, soy whip cream), but personally I had the feeling this gelateria puts too much emphasis on the variety of flavours they offer in general (150 flavours according to their promo) and definitely too less on their connection to their clients.
Updated from previous review on Monday August 27, 2012

Liwi
Liwi

great ice cream- not so great staff

4 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2012

With stars in my eyes I entered Gelateria Della Parma as I've always loved Italian ice cream, but after becoming vegan I thought I would never taste it again until finding this place. They had a seperated counter with 8 or so different soy ice cream flavours, like strawberry, coconut, pistacio, coffe, chocolate and lemon.
The staff was not very service minded though. My enthusiasm for their wide soy selection did not as much as bring a smile on the ice cream man's face. When I asked if there were egg or dairy in their ice cream cones he just shrugged his sholuders. the ice cream was delicious, though. I reccomend the strawberry flavoured ice cream ( its' nothing like real straberry milk- ice cream, but it's dammed close!)

Pros: excellent food
Cons: unfriendly staff

Earth Angel Outreach
Earth Angel Outreach

Fall in Love at Della Palma

5 Posted on 09 / 16 / 2011

Gelateria Della Palma... One would think this Gelateria was secretly tucked away for only the locals to find. As you quietly drift down a romantic alley way, wishing and dreaming for the perfect Gelato, you see the light. As you come closer to the corner the energy shifts from quiet and romantic to a colorful burst of sweet delight. Walking through the door you transform, you find yourself in what you believe can only be a dream... one that your dreamt as a child.

People from all over the world find themselves blissfully content as they excitedly choose flavors and colors. The air is a cacophony of their pleasure making up one general language of love. Friends are easily made as everyone falls into childlike fantasy, giggling as drips and perfectly balanced flavors shift and fall. It is here at Della Palma that one never feels guilty getting back in line to buy a second cone!! Just remember... in Italy you Pay First and then you choose your gelato. Any size, any amount, the best quality in Rome and you can have it all for a very affordable price.

Over 150 flavors. Creamed Chocolate dances with fruit, nuts, and secrets of Ancient Rome. Fior di Latte, Meringa, Panna Cotta reminisce of days forgotten. Mouthwatering Sorbets of tropical fruit, Mango, Watermelon, Strawberry. Then the Mousse...O the Mousse... Only in Italy can one find the perfect Gelato Mousse, Della Palma will make you fall in love all over again. Everyone can enjoy the Gelato at Della Palma now as they have a selection of Vegan/Soya flavors as well!!

If Gelato is not your flavor... Della Palma also has a full cafeteria and a large self serve candy bar to satisfy any sugar craving.

The secret to Della Palma is finding it. Once you do and once you have your first lick... 'It is like the water in Rome, once you taste it you always come back for more'.

Pros: Best Quality, Best Price

Dear Owner and Manager of Gelateria Della Palma: